post your air combat sim screenshots here

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Now we have a thread so as not to get mixed up with the MS FS screenshot thread. C'mon guys, lets see the goodies. I'll try and get a few of mine up soon.

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Now we have a thread so as not to get mixed up with the MS FS screenshot thread. C'mon guys, lets see the goodies. I'll try and get a few of mine up soon.

Will do but not just yet. No worries, screenies are coming...................

Member for

24 years 2 months

Here is a Zeppelin from the BF42 mod Battlefield 1918.

Member for

24 years 2 months

And some Spads

Attachments

Member for

20 years

I believe those screenshots come from that combat simulator you mentioned in the other tread. It does look very good to me. Thanks for those images mixtec.

J.V.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I believe those screenshots come from that combat simulator you mentioned in the other tread. It does look very good to me. Thanks for those images mixtec.

J.V.

For anyone who wants to try these mods, you can download them here free:
http://bfmods.myexp.de/?d=0&page=download
They install automatically, you dont have worry about putting them in the right folder.
You first have to download the 1.6 patch for BF42 for the mods to run. You can download that at the official BF42 site:
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/1942/us/gamedemo.jsp?state=010010
So once youve installed the patch, then installed the mod, you start up BF42 and click on the custom games button. Then you select the mod, and click the activate button. Then you can click single player or mulitplayer to start the game. Some mods dont have single player, so you can only play them online.

Member for

20 years

Great to have those links mixtech!

Thanks! :)

J.V.

Member for

24 years 2 months

hey mixtec, what kind of rig are you running? ATI 9800?

Member for

24 years 2 months

hey mixtec, what kind of rig are you running? ATI 9800?

I got an Athlon 1800+ 1.6 ghz, 1 gig of RAM, ATI 9000 128 mb. Im really happy with it, it can handle any game I want to play, and see no need to upgrade anytime soon. I did splurge on a pretty high end mobo, the Asus A7N8X-E, and that seems to have made quite an improvement with graphics performance. I am thinking of buying an ATI X800 Pro a few months down the road so I can up the res on games from my current 1024 x 768 to 1280 x 1024 or even 1600 x 1200. The X800 Pro is more powerful than the 9800 XT and costs less.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Viper,did you have any trouble loading F/A18? I couldn't get the thing to run.

Member for

24 years 2 months

You mean under Win XP? No. Make sure you've got the patch.

Member for

19 years 10 months

can you post a link for the patch,pretty please? :D

Member for

19 years 10 months

Thanks mate! :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I want to mention a couple of more things about BF42 and its mods. Be sure and configure a joystick to fly the planes because its a pain using the keyboard/mouse combo. You have to reassign the keys to the joystick movement manually. You can turn up the keyboard and mouse sensativity all the way up and it will only affect the flying. Be sure and try the BF42 mod Galactic Conquest. Its a starwars game that blows away anything done by the Lucas Arts series (there is no singleplayer for this mod, but its easy to find games at Gamespy). There are only 2 maps for Battlefield 1918, look for the iron cross next to the maps that are modded. And here is the official site for that mod where you can find servers for muliplayer. Its in German, but you can Bablefish it.
http://www.battlefield1918.de/news/

Member for

19 years 10 months

Its not that hard Mixtec- in fact i prefer using the keyboard/mouse combo. A little...different, yes, but not impossible with practice!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just got myself a blue Logitech MX510- can't wait to try it out! :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its not that hard Mixtec- in fact i prefer using the keyboard/mouse combo. A little...different, yes, but not impossible with practice!

Well if you say you can fly helicoptors well, I trust you know what youre doing because I still cant fly those things with any sort of control. It amazes me how good some guys are at pinpoint bombing, I still cant decide whether to use chase view so I can see where the bombs hit or cockpit view for steering accuracy. Im trying to find some BF42/DC clans on the net to find guys to give me pointers on that.

Member for

24 years 2 months

IL2 FB BF-109, not a very interesting pic, I'll try and create some with a little more action. :)

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

BF helicopters I use my Microsoft Sidewinder, the usual clyclic control and rudder on the twist grip of the stick. I keep the throttle on the keyboard, which means my fingers are near the e key :D

Then the only thing I can say is to practise likes theres no tomorrow, I am no where near as good as some of the guys out there but I'm not bad, which is a load better than I was when I first had a go in the choppers. All I used to be able to do was to flip the things right over as soon as I touched the throttle. Use slow but sure movements, and always counteract the rudder movement when you want to straigten up on your target, never let the AOA get too high as its difficult to recover. I'll try and find a FAQ on this subject I'm sure I've seen one.

What annoys me with BF is all the smacktards that hang round aircraft spwan points! There we are getting absolultly trounced and half of our force are running round those points like headless chickens. If an aircraft spawns and they don;t get it, they shoot it so when someone else manages to get in its already duffed up. And if they do manage to sneak in one, more often than not they manage to nose dive it into the ground 4 yards down the runway. I hate them :mad:

Rant over

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for that helicopter info Simmer, Ill see about trying to configure some kind of cyclic control on my stick. Im just at the point where I can sort of stay level and go somewhere, I got a long ways to go. I know what you mean about guys hanging around the runway for aircraft spawns, but on the other hand I dont like to see guys who crash planes respawn at airfields and hog the plane they just crashed, so I dont mind seeing a couple of guys waiting for planes to spawn if there are enough guys in the field. No Fly Zone is a really hot aircombat map with jets for everyone.