Is CFS3 still a crock of poo?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I tried CFS3 when it launched.

It was a nasty juddery program, so I was soon back with IL2.

I presume the thing has been patched to actually run now. But what about stuff like being able to take out substantial road bridges with a burst of 50 cal, and huge German fleets parading around off the Isle of Wight in 1944.

Have these been addressed?

Moggy

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

In a word. Yes.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yes, it's still poo

or

Yes, they have been addressed

:confused:

Member for

24 years 2 months

I never saw any ad-on to it... Too bad.

Member for

20 years 7 months

Yes, it's still poo

or

Yes, they have been addressed

:confused:

Sorry Mog. Yes it is still a steaming pile of poo.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yes. Its not worth paying the price they ask. Stay with IL2-Stormovik!

J.V.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I personally like it, I havent experienced any glaringly bad bugs on it, so for me its just another MS flight sim. Ofcourse Fogotten Battles is absolutely the best, but there is something enjoyable about flying cheeseball flight physics once in a while. I also like CFS2 and it really amazes me how that game can run on a low spec computer. One thing all MS flight sims suffer from in grainy ground textures, which is really awful looking when flying at low level.

Frank- When you say add-on, are you refering to expansions to CFS3? Because they do have a Battle of Britain expansion which hasnt sold well at all.

Member for

20 years 9 months

IL2 Forgotten Battles with the Aces Expansion Pack IMHO is the greatest Second World War combat flight simulator on the PC that money can buy at the moment. If you havent got it yet - Go buy it now!

Here's a screeny of a mustang skin i made earlier this year...
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/twostix-VFT02.jpg

Member for

20 years 7 months

Thats sweet Chris. I haven't done a skin for IL2 since the early days. Must get the paint brush out again. My only problem is that they never really were very adventurous when it came to Spitfire paint jobs and I'm afraid the Spit is the one I fly the most.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Frank- When you say add-on, are you refering to expansions to CFS3? Because they do have a Battle of Britain expansion which hasnt sold well at all.

I never and will never pay for any add-on for a game in the Flight Sim series where there are piles of it freely available on the web... That is what I meant.

But in case of CFS3 (which uses the same open architecture as FS I think), you only have 3 or 4 repaints of existing planes... Too bad, because that could have been fun for modern military planes :)

Member for

24 years 2 months

I was given the Battle of Britain expansion for CFS3.

It looked good. The first missions were based in Spring 1940 Northern France using a two-bladed Hurricane.

Mission 1 - I knocked down a Bf109 more by good luck than good judgement. So far so good, I'm going to enjoy this.

Mission 2 - The airfield is being overun by Panzers, get a damaged two-blader back over the cchannel to the UK. Interesting, a different kind of mission from the usual "Go and kill Jerry" sort of thing. Was going great until I got near Calais and was shot down by the flak batteries surrounding a V1 site. :confused:

Expansion disc went straight onto e-bay. CFS3 fell back into disuse.

Moggy

Member for

20 years 9 months

Thats sweet Chris. I haven't done a skin for IL2 since the early days. Must get the paint brush out again. My only problem is that they never really were very adventurous when it came to Spitfire paint jobs and I'm afraid the Spit is the one I fly the most.

You'll be happy to hear i am currently working on a load of Spitfire IXc skins for release in about a week. I will be posting them to il2skins.com which already has a huge amount of skins available for every aircraft in the sim.

Member for

20 years 7 months

You'll be happy to hear i am currently working on a load of Spitfire IXc skins for release in about a week. I will be posting them to il2skins.com which already has a huge amount of skins available for every aircraft in the sim.

I can almost guarantee that I will be downloading them all.