Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the best flight simulator???

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flightsim
    • Aug 2016

Which is the best flight simulator???

Hello guys,

When i was younger i had a really old PC not so old that it din't have a mouse i do go out and buy some simulation games and joy sticks to get the best experience that i could. Don't get me wrong for the time it was i can not complain about the games. But as i got older i left the PC gaming behind and started to sort everything you have to sort in life. Now these days i have a little time on my hands i want to get back into gaming again. I have been looking on flight simulation games for sale online and to be honest don't really know what i am looking at. so i figured this must be the perfect place for me to find what i am looking for being an awesome aviation site with a bonus flight simulation sub forum!!

What i would love is the realist experience that i could possibly get from a flight simulation game, like i am actually there! My son has sorted my computer out so it will run pretty much any game, no heat problems etc. There are a list of games below if anyone could tell me which is the best or add a better game in your opinion so i can check it out.

X-plane
    Microsoft flight simulator X
    Digital combat simulator world
    Microsoft flight
    Falcon 4.0
    Lock on: Modern war combat
    H.A.W.X 2

These are a few that i could find that look great to play but i need everyone experiences with these games or better games.

eg. Game play, Length of play, Graphics, Various aircraft, etc...

1 site i found that places loads of different simulation games in one place from various sites you should check it out.... http://www.for-sale.com/flight-simulator-games

Example image below
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flightgear.jpe
Views:	1
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	3731107

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Flightsim; 12th September 2016, 09:48. Reason: More information
  • Flightsim
    • Aug 2016

So far i have tried of Microsoft flight sim x and to be honest the graphics are terrible so that is one off the list..

Any help would be great

Comment

• robdd1
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Mar 2011

DCS World on your list is good, the latest updates and prospect of new maps incoming should keep it updated. The aircraft/helicopter modules are good. You can adjust the realism levels etc so getting the A10 just up and running takes a while. If you have a good system runs well.

For some good graphics but basic flying check out aerofly 2 - plenty of videos on YouTube to see the latest versions running.

Dovetail games coming out with a 'new' sim at some point.

Comment

• hampden98
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Sep 2009

Best is very subjective. Depends what you personally like.
        For me `the` best flight sim is Microsoft FSX. Yes it's old and a little tired. But there are very few simulators that will allow you to fly from Old Warden, To Duxford in formation with the BBMF.
        Let you land Hellcats on Carrier Ops, or fly a B17 (with crew feedback) from the book.

Or relive those halcyon days of bi-plane flight.
        Last edited by hampden98; 10th September 2016, 10:14.

Comment

• Dev One
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Flightsim View Post
          So far i have tried of Microsoft flight sim x and to be honest the graphics are terrible so that is one off the list..

Any help would be great
          Surprised you find FSX graphics bad - a lot can be done to fine tune it & a lot also depends upon the model used as well as the scenery. There are lots of discussions on other Flight Simulation sites. FSX is certainly better than FS2004 graphics-wise but then the program is designed differently to use one's graphics card vs one's CPU (or vice versa - can't remember which!).
          I'm waiting for VR goggles to come down in price though........

(I produce freeware models for FS9 (because I'm too old to learn how to make them for FSX), although I prefer to fly them in FSX.)
          Last edited by Dev One; 10th September 2016, 12:23.

Comment

• hampden98
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Sep 2009

Some more pics from FSX.

Comment

• Flightsim
              • Aug 2016

By look of the comments and game picture captures this is just what i am looking for, a little of everything in one place. I am going to check some game play videos on youtube and get back to you all..

Thanks guys

Comment

• robdd1
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Mar 2011

Prepar3d could be another option - fsx is not really designed to run on modern multi core CPUs or Graphics cards so modern systems run it but only a small margin better than old machines. Prepar3d is essentially the same engine but modded to make use of modern systems. Most fsx upgrades come available for both platforms. The only downside seems to be the licensing agreement - types.

Liking the pictures posted above - shows what fsx can still do with the rights add ons.

Comment

• Moggy C
                  • Jan 2000

The most enjoyment I have had with flight sims has been playing WarBirds Online.

Not particularly realistic, (none of them are) but you soon get caught up in the excitement of flying missions with a wingman from America alongside you, trying to suppress the flak to assist the capture an enemy aerodrome.

Worth giving it a try.

Moggy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365620/
                  "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Comment

• Flightsim
                    • Aug 2016

I actually downloaded a game called WarThunder where you can be planes and tanks and it's not so bad... this one looks better though might have to give it a go

Thanks

Comment

• hampden98
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Sep 2009

If you don't mind older games IL2 Sturmovik is a good, cheap, combat sim.
                      IL2 Cliffs of Dover is `meant` to be good. But even with all the patches I think it's a turkey. Sad because it looks great.

Comment

• hampden98
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Sep 2009

FSX with freeware Duxford and Hurricane.

Comment

• arquebus
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Jun 2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	1314365297_28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	3670492
                          Anyone tried Ace Combat?
                          Last edited by arquebus; 5th October 2016, 06:22.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                          X