Found a flight sim for android

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 6 months

Just a bit of fun with basic controls but it works. Sort of. Haven't worked out how to land yet without crashing. I need some basic flight lessons. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Dawnrider/Collage%202016-08-20%2023_10_34_zpsiey8ytt1.jpg

Original post

Member for

18 years 6 months

Spent about an hour playing and nailed the landing, almost... you have to approach really low and throttle right back as far as it goes, touch down and apply brakes. I dont know if that's how real planes work but I wouldn't want to try it...

Member for

24 years 3 months

I've not tried the mini-sim.

But if you need a real world tip, on training aircraft like the Cessna and Piper models used by many flying schools you control your speed on final using the yoke, your height using the throttle. (Counter-intuitive huh?)

The aim is to arrive a few feet above the runway at a little over flying speed and then gently pull back on the yoke to bleed off those last few knots at the same time as smoothly closing the throttle.

Moggy

Member for

19 years 1 month

I don't know what kind of phone you have Larry66 but if your phone can handle it both X-Plane and Aerofly have reasonably realistic flight models and are worth a look.