FSX and Windows 10

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

I gather many people had problems with FSX when they upgraded their PCs to Windows 10. Especially beta and early versions. Have any conflicts been resolved yet, please? Is their a downloadable fix, or some other solution? I do not want to change to Windows 10 if it is going to cause problems. Thanks in advance.

Terry

Original post

Member for

14 years 1 month

Black screen initially seems to be the biggest problem, solved by pressing Alt+Enter to get to windowed mode. I already had FS9 & FSXA loaded & I selected W10 to keep my existing files. I then deleted my fsx.cfg file & let it create a newer one. Only problem I now have is that the startup screen is in the bottom RH quadrant of the screen. For me not a problem as its only on my laptop used as a backup device, not my main tower W8.1 system. No problems with FS9, that I remember.
Good luck
Keith

BTW I downloaded it onto a USB as an ISO file before installing in order to also install on my wifes 'puter. Lots of info at Sim-outhouse & FlightSim & tales of woe also!

Member for

11 years 2 months

The only problem I had with FSX On the win10 upgrade was black screen. I activated DX10 On the FSX window and this fixed the problem. Works better now than it did with 8.1. Hope this helps.