Range calculations on FSX

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

9 years 8 months

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

No problem Robbiesmurf !

Syria based SU-34s seem to be able to fly to 0,6 hr too.

Attachments

Member for

15 years 2 months

J-37 Viggen seems to fly double speed compared to F-35.

NOME-UGOLNY in just under 30 minutes.

36 min for MIG-31 ( which cannot be right ).

Rafale is also under 30 minutes in route Ugolny-NOME.

EE Lightning is 0.7 hr ship.

---

Mysteriously YAK-141 is 0,4 hr faster at 0,6 hr. With 18 km ceiling and 1850 km/h dive speed.

---

Mig-29 also flies at 0,4 hrs the 773 km strip.

Attachments

Member for

9 years 8 months

EE Lightning is 0.7 hr ship.

There was a trick sometimes used by the Lightning pilots to improve their CAP time. High altitude and one engine shut-down. Fortunately, thrust assymetry was very low.

Member for

18 years 10 months

Very low? :highly_amused:

Delightful understatement.

Member for

15 years 2 months

There was a trick sometimes used by the Lightning pilots to improve their CAP time. High altitude and one engine shut-down. Fortunately, thrust assymetry was very low.

Sure Robbiesmurf...that time can be improved; it was my first flite with an EE Lightning. I bet I can improve the F-35 time too.

Concorde takes 30 minutes ( 0.5 hr ).

Attachments

Member for

9 years 8 months

Sure Robbiesmurf...that time can be improved; it was my first flite with an EE Lightning. I bet I can improve the F-35 time too.

Shutting down one engine could cause problems on the F-35? ;)
EE Lightning F2 I see.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Shutting down one engine could cause problems on the F-35? ;)
EE Lightning F2 I see.

See this run.

I took the 27 runway from NOME that is directly to Ogolny....and used no flaps at take off....and even when the fuel was almost out I still kept the throttle firewalled !

I had 4 x 47 gallons left when the plane stopped at Anadyr !

I have never flown the F-35A this fast in FSX ....it went M1.56 ( GR 850 kts ) at -5 degs slope at the end.

The previous Concorde flight had overspeed and did go beyond M2.5 at the end...but it is a beast to slow down from that speed.

The 0.4 hr with MIG-29 was also very successfull as the fuel run out 20 miles before the coast near Nome, but it had 50 000 ft altitude so I glided the Mig at supersonic speed for nearly 50 miles.

Attachments

Member for

9 years 8 months

Once on the Lightning, my boss decided to run both engines at full reheat for over 5 minutes. There wasn't much fuel left... It was an F6 btw. 3,5 & 6 were much thirstier than 1,2 & 4.
Can you also fly the F2a? The 600 gal ventral and kinked/cambered LE should give you more time.
Nice Concorde pic on your post.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Once on the Lightning, my boss decided to run both engines at full reheat for over 5 minutes. There wasn't much fuel left... It was an F6 btw. 3,5 & 6 were much thirstier than 1,2 & 4.
Can you also fly the F2a? The 600 gal ventral and kinked/cambered LE should give you more time.

I will Robbiesmurf. It is past 10 PM here so it will be tomorrow.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Robbiesmurf good morning !

I had a run with F.3 but unable to better the time. It is capable of better, but due to cloud cover at the airport I took it too early under the clouds and you know how that affects the speed. Still at 0.7 hrs for the F.3 ( as they have designated it ).

Attachments

Member for

9 years 8 months

Hi Topspeed, it might be shown as F3 but it is F2. Recognition features: XN number (F3 XP/XR), 92 sqn markings, short external cable conduits, Firestreak missiles and it shows blanked off upper cannon muzzle ports.
The F2 was fitted with 2 Adens upper but could also be fitted with 2 lower in place of the missile pack.
The F2 had 200 series Avons and the F3 300's. They were more economical. The F3 would normally do a 40 minute sortie, keeping a very close eye on the fuel gauges.
The 2's were well used by RAFG.

I'll just take my annorak off again....

Member for

15 years 2 months

Hi Topspeed, it might be shown as F3 but it is F2. Recognition features: XN number (F3 XP/XR), 92 sqn markings, short external cable conduits, Firestreak missiles and it shows blanked off upper cannon muzzle ports.
The F2 was fitted with 2 Adens upper but could also be fitted with 2 lower in place of the missile pack.
The F2 had 200 series Avons and the F3 300's. They were more economical. The F3 would normally do a 40 minute sortie, keeping a very close eye on the fuel gauges.
The 2's were well used by RAFG.

I'll just take my annorak off again....

Ok RS !

I did some flying today on a shorter route...from Provideniya ( Russia ) to Gambell ( USA ) just 104 km.

Only few ACs can fly it in under 0.1 HR and land at GAMBELL's short runway...and F35C is one of them.

Several planes can fly it at 0.2 hr.

Attachments

Member for

13 years 7 months

What does this whole exercise prove?

Member for

15 years 2 months

What does this whole exercise prove?

That one day a route from Alaska to Russia can be used for electric aeroplanes..as the routes are so short. It takes a whole day to fly Pacific Ocean via Hawaii !

It may also prove that I am mad about aeroplanes...completely mad.

Attachments

Member for

13 years 7 months

That one day a route from Alaska to Russia can be used for electric aeroplanes..as the routes are so short. It takes a whole day to fly Pacific Ocean via Hawaii !

And how does one get to Alaska?

Member for

15 years 2 months

And how does one get to Alaska?

Depends where you are coming from. All I know is that Solar Impulse I and II aren't the way to travel an electric aeroplane economically around the world.

DhComet showed the way to Australia one day. Today it would be considered slow.

Attachments

Member for

9 years 8 months

Hi Topspeed,
Nice to see you using the MB5. Their new products are much faster but have a shorter range...:)

Member for

9 years 8 months

Afterburner stage is also at constant pressure combustion, happens at the turbine exit pressure. Only because of that afterburner is so inefficient; lower pressure ratio = lower compression ratio = lower efficiency.

However, what I meant before is, brayton cycle is valid for steady state; when you change the conditions of the system (change Qin for example), it stabilizes at a new steady state, all the pressures, and mass flow of the previous state are invalid.

I did mention SLS and fixed rpm conditions.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Hi Topspeed,
Nice to see you using the MB5. Their new products are much faster but have a shorter range...:)

This has some range.

Attachments