FS-X in Virtual Reality!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 1 month

I'm a big flight sim geek. Over the years I've experimented with lots of hardware including projectors and multi monitor (even multiple computer) rigs. I've also built my own hardware using keyboard encoders etc but the new crop of VR (virtual reality) headsets are the most exciting addition to the hobby I've seen in years and last year I got my hands on an Oculus Rift Developer Kit 2 to experiment with gaming and flight sims.

I've been lucky enough to be involved in the alpha testing for FlyInside FSX, an Oculus Rift plug in for Microsoft Flight Simulator. It's live on Kickstarter now and the public alpha is available for download. If you've got a rift check it out and support the project if you can, otherwise just take a look at the video and see what the future holds for the hobby!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1232710074/flyinside-fsx

Original post

Member for

15 years 2 months

[QUOTE='lectra;2237134]I'm a big flight sim geek. Over the years I've experimented with lots of hardware including projectors and multi monitor (even multiple computer) rigs. I've also built my own hardware using keyboard encoders etc but the new crop of VR (virtual reality) headsets are the most exciting addition to the hobby I've seen in years and last year I got my hands on an Oculus Rift Developer Kit 2 to experiment with gaming and flight sims.

I've been lucky enough to be involved in the alpha testing for FlyInside FSX, an Oculus Rift plug in for Microsoft Flight Simulator. It's live on Kickstarter now and the public alpha is available for download. If you've got a rift check it out and support the project if you can, otherwise just take a look at the video and see what the future holds for the hobby!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1232710074/flyinside-fsx[/QUOTE]

Sounds really cool.

Attachments

Member for

15 years 2 months

I cannot get my original 5054 Spit proto fueled...it has no fuel in the tanks and won't refuel.

What to do ?

It is from SIMAVIATION site.

Member for

19 years 1 month

I had a quick look at that add on and have the same problem. Not a great model.

Member for

15 years 2 months

[QUOTE='lectra;2260435]I had a quick look at that add on and have the same problem. Not a great model.[/QUOTE]

Ok..thanks.

Attachments

Member for

14 years 1 month

I cannot get my original 5054 Spit proto fueled...it has no fuel in the tanks and won't refuel.

What to do ?

It is from SIMAVIATION site.

Look in the aircraft.cfg file - there is no fuel section, this needs adding I should think, otherwise set your FS to unlimited fuel?
Keith

Member for

15 years 2 months

Look in the aircraft.cfg file - there is no fuel section, this needs adding I should think, otherwise set your FS to unlimited fuel?
Keith

Roger I try that.

Member for

15 years 2 months

Yes unlimited fuel fixed the bug.

Thanx ! :eagerness:

Attachments