Simulated World Tour

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 7 months

I am attempting to complete an around the world tour in 80+ flights.
I'm not a pilot myself as much as I would love to be, so I'm limited to doing this all in Microsoft flight simulator X.

My tour starts in the UK and heads to South Africa before turning east to circle the globe.

I am basically asking the community here if you know of particularly interesting places to stop off along the way. Any unique or challenging airports which would add interest to the tour.

Please feel free to follow the blog / diary I am keeping of the tour. Www.HomePilotAdventures.wordpress.com

I'd be happy to hear what you all think.

Cheers
Chris

Original post

Enjoy! You can try Malabo and Sao Tome, both islands off the west coast of Africa. Then cut across to the eastern side and see Mount Kilimanjaro. There are also the great lakes right down to lake Malawi, and of course the Victoria Falls, but I don't think they are correctly displayed by default scenery. You might try find a scenery package for the area. Then cut across to the Okavango delta. From there, go to Upington and then on to Cape Town. Thereafter follow the coast to P.E., E.L. and Lesotho (Drakensberg mountains) and on to Durban.

cheers
Ralph

Member for

10 years 7 months

Thanks very much Ralph. Im sure there is going to be plenty to see! I love the sound of Kilimanjaro, the lakes, and of course Cape Town. Cape Town isn't on the planned route but im going to have to take a detour to make sure I include it.
Cheers

How's your virtual adventure progressing?