Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sequence to install FSX and acceleration

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seehunt
    Rank 1 Registered User
    • Apr 2010

Sequence to install FSX and acceleration

I want to buy FSX but am a bit confused as to what to buy and the install sequence.

There seems to be a standard and a deluxe version of FSX and I'd like to buy the best offering...can somebody give me some direction as to what to buy and what sequence to install it all.

Thanks,
    Seehunt
  • adamcotton
    Rank 3 Registered User
    • Jun 2009

FSX

Hi

FSX does indeed come in standard and deluxe versions. The prime difference with the latter is that it contains a couple of extra aircraft and one of the aircraft also included in the standard version now comes with the option of a "glass" cockpit. When playing online, you can also take the role of Tower Controller if you wish.

The expansion pack known as Acceleration contains new aircraft and missions, all of which emphasise speed. You don't need to have acceleration installed, but it certainly adds a lot of fun to your simming experience, and contains a service patch to make FSX run better.

You can now buy FSX Deluxe Edition and Acceleration in one package, called FSX Gold, from the likes of Play.com for under 20.00. Just install FSX and then, using the second disc in the pack, Acceleration. It does take a while to install, but it's well worth it!

Hope this helps.

Adam.

Comment

• seehunt
      Rank 1 Registered User
      • Apr 2010

FSX

Thanks a bunch, Adam. Now I know what to buy and will
      get it soon.

Keep the blue side up,

Seehunt

Comment