BUD - STR

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

01/01/09
Germanwings
A318 (T-Mobile scheme)

Our 16:30 flight was departing from Budapest's Ferihegy airport, Terminal 1. The terminal, though older, is well preserved and a stunning piece of architecture. To my surprise, the ample viewing deck looked directly over the tarmac, where I watched two A319s depart (Wizz, easyjet).

Check-in was efficient as were customs. We were loaded onto buses for the short journey to the aircraft. I boarded via airstairs at the rear of the aircraft, which was a first for me as well.

After de-icing, the aircraft was pushed back and we taxied quite quickly to runway 31L, and without stopping rolled right into our take off. In no time we were into and then through the low lying clouds. The flight was very smooth. I opted not to pay for inflight catering.

Our decent was smooth also, though once we entered the cloud base, we remained there. We could hear the landing gear deploy; however, the clouds did not give way. Suddenly we were over the piano keys at the runway threshold then touched down: a smooth instrument landing. The fog was so thick that we couldn't see much beyond the tip of the wing in the dark.

Stuttgart airport was very clean and efficient, as I experiened most german transportation facilities to be. We disembarked via airstairs also. The fog did not appear to hamper services, as several aircraft we moving into various positions.

I would recommend Germanwings. The staff are very friendly and aircaft clean. On-time performance was very good.

T1 at Budapest is a must see for a throwback to the classical days of flying.

Sorry for those looking for pics, my camera was packed.

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Short and sweet ...very good!!!