Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 11 months

Airline: easyJet

Aircraft: A319-111

Flight: EZY6005

Departure Airport: Bristol (EGGD)

Arrival Airport: Faro (LPFA)

After many individuals insisting that I complete a trip report, I thought it would be about time that I actually got around to doing one. So here goes:

With an early morning check in time of 0600 I spent a couple of days prior to my trip contemplating whether to take advantage of easyJet’s online check in facility. My trip to the Algarve would only last a mere 48 hours and after some thought I decided with the ‘Hand Baggage Only’ option. I have used the system twice now, and one aspect of it that I do like is the ability to just print your boarding card straight off without having to add in any additional information.

So all checked in and good to go, I arrived at Bristol in good time. The airport is currently operating over capacity and the morning peak of 0530-0800 is evident in the security queue. Some 40 minutes later and a quick search I was through and in need of a drink.

Weather today was looking pretty good, the sun had already risen by the time I passed through security and although cold the sun was already out in full force with only a small cover of cloud cover.

The departure lounge was busy, as it always is during the morning rush and I was lucky to find a seat in the main waiting area. Ipod in, and I was finally able to drift away into a daydream for the next 20minutes until they called me for boarding.

With 11 based easyJet’s at Bristol, most of these are parked on remote stands a bus evidently was waiting to take me out to the aircraft. After boarding the bus, it was clear that at 22 I would be today’s youngest passenger aboard this flight. Had I missed something, had Saga charter this aircraft out for one of there excursions?

After taking my seat just towards the front of the wing, we had a few minutes wait whilst the second bus turned up. This was due to some missing passengers and as a result delayed our departure by 10mins. The flight crew explained our delay although an on time arrival was still achievable – with the doors shut the cabin crew began their safety demonstration. Start up today was on stand, and we were able to taxi through our stand to join the main taxiway. A couple of minutes later and we were at the holding point for the runway. We lined up, and only a matter of seconds pasted, before our easyJet’s CFM56-5’s spooled up to race “UP” Bristol’s 2011ft runway. After what seemed like a slightly shorter take off run than usual and we were airborne and ready to begin our journey south to Faro – Today we would be on a EXMOR1X departure out of Rwy27.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3017/2326708265_65f4c721b0.jpg

Climbing straight out of Rwy27 to 6000ft we then made a left turn over the small town or Portishead, then over Weston Super Mare before continuing onto Exmor.

Time past quickly on board’s today flight and the cabin crew appeared smart, well presented & very attentive. They served drinks and snacks twice during the flight and also duty free & gifts once. Midway through the flight we did hit some turbulence, although the seat belt sign was only on for about 15 minutes. Due to a tailwind en route, our flying time would be reduced today to just 2 hours 10mins.

With only 30minutes to go until we reached our destination, the captain came on and gave us details of the current weather conditions at Faro and the approximated time of arrival.

Arrival today into Faro was on Rwy10 and we would using the USLAU 6C STAR. Both the descent and approach were relatively smooth and sitting on the right of the aircraft gave me a pleasant view over Faro beach.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/2326708267_e55f12605f.jpg

Then we arrived - Some 2 hours & 10mins since I left my home town of Bristol, we finally planted our main landing gear down some 15 minutes ahead of schedule.

Upon arrival to our remote stand we were parked next to two other easyJet’s & a GB airways A320 (All in white). One TAP A320 was parked up in front of the terminal using one of the air bridges.

The outside temperature was a pleasant 20 and after a VERY quick (the quickest ever) pass through security control; I made my way through the airport to collect my hire car.

After picking up the car, I was able to drive around to the otherside of the airport, and shortly after arriving was able to capture the aircraft that brought me to Faro, depart back out to Bristol.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2326708269_4ed9e31541.jpg

Adam

Original post

Member for

17 years 8 months

Superb report Adam.

Si

Member for

18 years 7 months

A brief but excellent report, Adam. I'd like to spend more time around Faro airport but unfortunately I'm usually too busy partaking in... Err... Other activities when I'm there (bet you can't guess what!) :D

Paul (Ted)

Member for

17 years 2 months

Not too shabby Spalds...

It was clear that at 22 I would be today’s youngest passenger aboard this flight.

Old B.....

Bristol’s 2011ft runway.

I hope you mean meters.... :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

A very good report lad

Member for

16 years 11 months

I hope you mean meters.... :D

Now I know the A319's have great performance, but.....
LOL My Bad!

Thanks all for the comments, this was my first trip report so I am a little new to it all