YYZ-MAN

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 8 months

Second leg 19/1/07 - 20/1/07
Airline: Fly Globespan
Aircraft: 767-300 G-CEFG

After a bit of a troublesome first leg, this flight was perfect.
I left the Days Inn Toronto at 3pm for a 30-45 minute taxi ride to Toronto Pearson. Check in was very fast, me and my friend were first there, but still the guy was very efficiant and sat us right at the back, which isn't perfect but was a window seat on the left again.
Boarding commenced at 7pm with the departure being at 8pm, all on time and on 24L at YYZ. A less powerful than outward take off was peformed but still was fun as i had my seat reclined to gain maximum enjoyment.
After take off we turned right and headed above Quebec and then over Newfoundlad where we gained 15 minutes of extreme turbulance.
This was soon over with and meals were served, i had a stale bread so i got another meal from the stewardess as a good will gesture so had 2 meals to myself :) IFE was cr*p like on the outbound, not an issue and lights were then dimmed down, apart from 10 minutes when they wanted to sell duty free. After a rather fast 7 hours, descent into Manchester begun on sunrise at about half 7, for some reason the captain did a 360 turn then turned down to 24R, don't know this procidure but never known a flight to do this.
A rather fast approach in and a fast landing, where heavy thrust was needed, our plane then made way to a stand where buses came to our plane (first for me at Manchester), overall a pretty nice flight. Thanks GSM.

Overall

Value: 10/10
Food: 9/10 (Because i had 2 meals)
Service: 8/10
Staff: 10/10
On time: 10/10
IFE: 2/10

Just wish they sorted out the last issue and they would be perfect.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

for some reason the captain did a 360 turn then turned down to 24R

I believe that is called a holding pattern ;)

Member for

20 years 1 month

i had my seat reclined to gain maximum enjoyment.

Hmm, now i'll email GSM asking them do their cabin crew do their job correctly, as for some reason, everytime i've flown (not with GSM), seat reclining is not allowed on takeoff :rolleyes:

Nice little report tho

Member for

18 years 8 months

everytime i've flown seat reclining is not allowed on takeoff

(Ryanair safety announcement in eastern European accent)... Please ensure your baggage is either stowed in the overhead bins or pushed well under the seat in front of you. Please ensure your seatbelts are fastened, your tray tables stowed and your seats are in the upright positi... Ah no, they're ALWAYS in the upright position. HAHAHAAAA!!!

Sorry... Back to normality. Relative, that is...

Hmm... Days Inn eh?... I've stayed there too. :)

Paul

Member for

24 years 3 months

(Ryanair safety announcement in eastern European accent)... Please ensure your baggage is either stowed in the overhead bins or pushed well under the seat in front of you. Please ensure your seatbelts are fastened, your tray tables stowed and your seats are in the upright positi... Ah no, they're ALWAYS in the upright position. HAHAHAAAA!!!

Sorry... Back to normality. Relative, that is...

Dismal

Member for

18 years 8 months

Dismal

Almost as dismal as your failed attempt at being witty.

Paul

Member for

24 years 3 months

Almost as dismal as your failed attempt at being witty.

Paul

I feel compelled to say dismal yet again!

Member for

18 years 8 months

I feel compelled to say dismal yet again!

I, being the more intelligent in this little exchange of what is sarcasm on my part, and attempted sarcasm on yours, shall respond with nothing more than a sarcastic smiley.

:rolleyes:

Paul

P.S. For my own purposes... :D