Rock in the Irish sea to capital of Scotland

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 3 months

Had the pleasure of a flight in a Piper Chieftain from a rock in the Irish sea to the capital of Scotland. Only two passengers onboard the wetleased aircraft from Woodgate Aviation. Ticket was provided by a ticket provider who is having some teething problems in setting up a commercial operation on this route. Flight left right on time at 08.15 banked right through a low cloud base and headed to the airport on the east coast of Scotland. Very good landing (well done lads!) and on time at 09.00. Met by a 50 seater bus who had three airport ground crew to meet the two passengers on the flight. The bus didn't know whether to take the two passengers to the International or domestic arrivals. Fortunately one of the passengers knew that it was the domestic arrivals by gate 12, but only after a long detour via International arrivals! Have to say that the ticket operator lived up to his promise, but it did take a call the the CAA on Wednesday, to ensure that the flight was operating. A huge thanks also goes out to a relatively recent member of the forum who provided the CAA direct contact number - You know who you are -even if you like being hidden.

I understand that the ticket provider will be offering a much improved service in the new year and I look forward to my weekly travel on this route.

Original post

Member for

18 years 11 months

Congratulations on your successfull proving flight. This would be on Beta2 airlines no doubt. From little acorns....... :)

Member for

18 years 3 months

Congratulations on your successfull proving flight. This would be on Beta2 airlines no doubt. From little acorns....... :)

Couldn't comment on the ticket provider, it could be anyone from Beta 2 to Zulu Infinity. ;)

Member for

19 years 11 months

The Webmaster has decided that this subject is unwelcome on this Forum until further notice.

Comments/complaints to the Webmaster.

Thread closed.

GA