Ryanair Boeing 737-200 ABZ-DUB and DUB-LBA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

Well after waiting nearly waiting 2 months since booking my school holidays in Leeds, the day Tuesday 11th October finally arrived.
I left home for the 45 minute journey to Aberdeen Airport. I entered the terminal to be greeted with a queue with approxiametely 50 people in front of me. Suprising enough however, I only waited 15 minutes before I was checked in. I was the 80th passenger to be checked in for the 10.50 flight to DUB. I went through security and waited in gate 1, which unfortunately didn't have a view accross the apron. I only had to wait 10 minutes before we were called for boarding.
This for me would be the first time in Ireland, the fiirst time on Ryanair and the first time on a Boeing 737-200. I went out in to the typical scottish weather (Rain) to board EI-CNT (Vodaphone logo jet) via the rear stairs.
Typically though, for some unknown reason to myself, there was some hold up which meant my the time I boarded, I was soaked!
Once onboard, I looked around for a window seat but due to this hold up, there wasn't any left and I was seated in the aisle on the last row.
we pushed back exactly on time and departed on Runway 34. My first impressions were quite good. I knew that the aircraft was an ex-german aircraft as the majority of the signs were in german.
The crew during the safety demo most have been in super fast speed as it was the quickest demonstration that I have ever seen. An it was quite hard to understand aswell as the crew seemed to be Eastern European.
But that didn't bother me, and I enjoyed my Ice tea and Pringles that I bought from the onboard trolley service. Afterwards I visited the toilet and I dont' think it had ever been cleaned!
We arrived in a rainy DUB and taxied to stand A11 (I think) and disembarked 5 minutes early.
Over all I was impressed with airline and agree with some people: you get exactly what you pay for.

Tuesday 11th october
DUB-LBA
Well after collecting my suitcase, I walked headed up to check-in check-in for the Leeds flight although I had an hour to hang around as check-in didn't open until 13.10.
After being checked in (I was the 8th person to check-in) I headed upstairs to Macdonalds. However, I passed a reasonably priced Italian and decided on Pizza, Chips and a drink all for only 7.95EURO. I think it was called Sbarro!?
I then headed to Macdonalds for dessert: a mcflurry, with a seat looking out on the the apron.
After wards I went downstairs and headed to security which I even had to take my shoes off which for me was a first in security. Boarding for the Leeds was in gate A4 starting at 14.40.
To my surprise, I was getting the Vodaphone logo jet for my second flight! I wonder where it went for 2 1/2 hours? Does anyone know where I could find out?
The crew on this flight were all Irish so I could understand them fairly well. We departed ontime from a cloudy DUB behind two EI airbuses. Arrival into Leeds was over Otley and Bradford Golf Club (only place I recognised at first) before a smooth touch down. We taxied in and disembarked at 15.50 instead of the schedule 16.05.
To my pleasure, we got onto buses and were on the stand next to Jet2's new Boeing 757-200. What a smart looking aircraft.

After a pleasurable journey to Leeds, I would have no hesitation in booking another trip to Leeds via DUB when I next visit family.
The difference in price, either flying direct with Eastern airways and with Ryanair via DUB, there was no contest. £28.00 with Ryanair for both sectors or £170.00 direct!!!!
Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries and so I couldn't take photos, but I found a picture of the aircraft I flew on on this link:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=EI-CNT&distinct_entry=true

Thanks for reading this report and I hope I didn't bore you.

Original post

Member for

18 years 11 months

Great report. Very enjoyable.

How did you find LBA?

Member for

19 years 10 months

LBA was quite nice actually. The only bit that I could criticise was going up the stairs to passport control as from what I recall, I can't remember there being a lift so alot of elderly people took there time getting up the stairs. Baggage reclaim was easy.
From getting off the plane to getting to the car park it took 20 minutes.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Great little report mate, I agree with you about the steps they are a bit of a chore!

Member for

18 years 6 months

Thanks for reading this report and I hope I didn't bore you.

Bore me? That was a great report

Member for

20 years 2 months

Great report. It was indeed called Sbarro Ive been many times yummy.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Thanks for the Comments, sorry I took so long to reply I just got home today.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Nice report there.Is the Vodaphone logo jet one of the three 737-200 still flying it will be sad to see her go :( :(

James :(

Member for

24 years 2 months

Great report.

Nice report there.Is the Vodaphone logo jet one of the three 737-200 still flying it will be sad to see her go :( :(

James :(

UMM i think so. I seen it at DUB in July next to Ryanairs new Cable and Wireless jet. But theyre going fast now so im not sure