LS195
Leeds Bradford - Prague
G-CELF Boeing 737-300
Flight time - 1 hour 55 minutes
Departure - 07:30
Arrival - 09:25 (10:25 Local CET)
Seat 11A
17/09/2005

I arrived LBA at 05:10 for check-in for my flight to Prague with Jet2.com. Check-in was to be in the new Hall B This is where all Jet2.com flights check in at. We waited in the long queue for about 15 minutes till it was are turn. At Check-in I requested a window seat.

As I looked at my boarding Card on my way to the security central screening zone I notice that I was to be sat on Row 11A over the Wing. After a 10 minute wait we entered the departure lounge and took a look at the departure boards and it was showing are flight to be on time.

So what could I do for the Next Hour? I decided to get a pint of beer which costs £2.85. Not Cheap. Looking down the apron I saw a row of 8 Jet2 B737-300 so I had know idea which aircraft was going to be Are’s. Also seen were a bmi A319, Britannia B757-200 on The Air bridges while an Astraeus B737-300 landed 1 hour 15 minutes late from Tenerife. Thus making the Verona flight delayed once again on a Saturday.

At about 07:00 are flight LS195 started boarding at Gate 15. We then made a short walk down to stand 10 where are Aircraft G-CELF was waiting for us. Once boarding had finished we were told we had a short air traffic delay by the captain. So we had missed the 07:20 slot. The Captain then came on the inter comm to say that he had applied for a new slot but they could be up to a 15 minute delay. So we pushed back and made are way past Taxiway Delta to a make a one eighty back track and line up for a 32 take off.

We waited for are 10 minute delay at the end of the runway 32. At 07:35 the engines started to wound up and the breaks were released and we made are SID Departure via the Pole Hill, Upton Bravo one. This makes the big left hand turn out towards Goles flying over Shipley Saltair, Bradford, Pudsey Owlcotes centre and Leeds City Centre.

As we made are climb upto 37,000ft we also flow over Doncaster-Sheffield Airport, The Humber Bridge and Humberside airport before flying out other the North Sea. The Captain told us we would be making his way down towards Prague by flying over Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Dresden.

At about 09:00 the captain said we would shortly be making are approach to Prague to the northly runway flying over Prague City centre to the Left hand side of the aircraft. I was sitting on the left hand side so I would get the best views of Prague. On making are descend into Prague we made a couple of Right hand circuit’s to line up for the final approach.

Once the Aircraft had touched down we made a very hard landing and then made a long breaking action before coming to a stop at the end of the main runway. We Then made a 5 minute taxi down one of the parrell taxiways to the main apron passing CSA Airlines B737's, ATR42, and Airbus A310. We also passed a bmi baby & Travel Servis B737, coming to a stop on stand next to a Sterling B737-400.

After disinbarkment of the Jet2 B737-300 G-CELF we made are way via the a air bridge down some stairs onto a bus which took us to pass port control. We then headed to the baggage hall and had to wait 20 minutes for are bags to appear. We then got are bags and made are way down to the travel centre to get are Transport Passes which cost 220CZ for 72 hours travelling on any bus, Tram or Under ground train in Prague which is a bargain.

Some Shorts of the wings of Jet2 B737-300 G-CELF from Row 11 Seats A/F.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years

Very nice report there. Must have to try them one day but they only fly to Manchester from gatwick/south east. Hoping they make new base down here some day soon cos they sound quite good and generally on time at LGW.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Good report, but you need to get you grammar checked

Member for

20 years 10 months

And you need to shut up..