BA207 LHR-MIA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

We left for Heathrow at 7.15am, a quick taxi ride over to T3. We had a very quick check and went to get our bags checked at security. At 9.00am our flight was called to head to gate 31, at the gate we were given a small bag each containing: Doritos crisps, orange juice, water and an apple, luckily we rang BA the day before to ask about food so we also bought our own.

We boarded the 747, reg G-BNLW. Very old looking! My PTV was even broken, Great :rolleyes:. The captain announced his name, Simon something and said push back would commence in 10 minuites, those ten minuites passed and we began.

"Cabin crew doors to manual, cross check."

It was a 10 minuite taxi to 2LR, infront of us was: BA 757 - Blue Peter, Qatar A330, Air Canada 767, AA 777 and BA 767. At alst it was our turn. It was a bumpy lift off, we climbed hight above the puffy clouds passing over the Isle Of Wright and Southampton.

We were half way across the Atlantic and nothing much happend. A cold lunch was bought around, but there were still people saying

"Excuse me, but can we have something hot, we dont want cold food."

Do they not watch the news! :mad:

At last my PTV worked and i watched the film Monster In Law. We were at this point crusing at 36,000ft and travelling at 670km/h with a 32mph tail wind.

The rest of the flight was rather uneventfull, me and my mum got up to chat to the stweredess about going to Dubai and then for some reason i said what would happen if the door opened in flight, they said it would be inpossible for that to happen, but one of the stewerds friends was working on a flight from Gatwick to Bermuda on a DC-10 and the door half oppened but they carried on :eek: ! All of a sudden we climbed very steeply and you would hear the engines roaring, we climbed to 39,000ft to avoid hurricane Emily which was hanging over Bermuda at the time.

Landing at last arrived, it was extreamly bumpy, we left the runway from the last taxi way an headed to gate A18.

Overall the flight was good apart from the weather and the food, i give BA 7/10.

Heres some pics for this flight, more in the main forum and the return flight is to come!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/will875/Floridasummer2005027.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/will875/Floridasummer2005015.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Nice report and photos, but I think that 7 out of 10 seems a little generous ;)

Member for

19 years 9 months

"Cabin crew doors to manual, cross check."

Nice report, but that's a new one for the departure checks! :rolleyes: :p

Andy

Member for

20 years 1 month

Nice report, but that's a new one for the departure checks! :rolleyes: :p

Andy

Could of sworn he said something like that anyway :p