Member for

20 years 9 months

Flight CO769
Continental Airlines
B757-200 (domestic configeration)
Departure Time - 09:00
Arrival Time - 17:05
11/8/04

Sorry about the lateness of this report of this report but you know, better late than never.
So we packed up and left the Luxor Hotel on a glorious sunny morning, we arrived at the airport nice and early and got dropped off at the Continental Airlines entrance, check in was easy and quick and after handing our luggage over we went through to the departure lounge of the 'A' gates.
Was glass sided so could see all the activety outside, we got some food and waited for our flight to be called, soon enough it was and we started boarding at gate A19 i had seat 8A.
We had some delays while the pilots did some engine start ups soon enough we were taxiing out to Runway 19L for departure, after a amooth take-off we were climbing and while doing so we passed over the Grand Canyon and we had a great view, flight was uneventful really we got our breakfast and i started to watch the movie 'Starsky & Hutch'.
After four hours or so we started to desend and couldnt really see anything as it was cloudy after a while we were on final approach to Runway 22L at EWR which seemed a lot faster than most landings after a smooth touchdown we taxiied to a gate a Terminal C.
All in all another fantastic flight with Continental Airlines :D

1. Taxiing to Runway 19L with the Vegas Hotels in the background.
2. Turning onto Runway 19L at LAS for departure.
3. A picture of McCarren after departure.
4. CO769 climbing out over the Grand Canyon (my fav)
5. On final for Runway 22L at EWR.
6. Slowing down on the runway
7. Air India B744 at the gate
8. After a quick chat with the flight attendant i was allowed into the flightdeck at the gate and the very friendly captin offered to take a pic of me in his seat. :D :D :D

Sorry but Picture 5 and 6 dont match the descriptions! :)
Just reverse them :D

Attachments
Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

Great report mate!!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Excellent report and pics especially! :)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Very good report!

Member for

20 years 10 months

brill report m8 is Luxor Hotel the pryamid shaped hotel?? :D

Member for

20 years 9 months

Yeah it is EAL KING, great hotel we didnt stay in the small pyramid rooms we stayed in one of the smaller towers which were part of the hotel with bigger room :D
Thanks for the comments guys! :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Excellent out of window shots.

Member for

24 years 3 months

You look incredibly like Sandy lol

Member for

20 years 9 months

Cheers for that Steve! :D
Well i'm not sure what Sandy looks like but if u say so lol :D :)

Member for

20 years 6 months

Nice shots and report. Thanks for sharing. Is the runway cracking in pic 2 or is it me???

Member for

20 years 9 months

Thanks Airline Owner!
Yeah i think the runway is cracked and it is in many places, i guess thats just because of the heat and that combined with the aircraft constantly landing on there causes that. :D