MAN~TFS~MAN with FCA

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

MAN~TFS~FCA872C~B757
*Reg unknown*
Departed O83O
Arrived 13OO
This was my 1st time abroad which was very exciting! Ive only ever been on 2 Ryanair B732s from Manchester to Dublin and back. Well, it took us a while to find our gate at MAN as we found it hard to find any directions! When we finally found it we went straight onto the aircraft, which was one of their new B752s with automatic TVs which come down from the top when the safety demonstration comes on and for inflight entertainment. It had nice leather seats which I found comfy. My mum was very nervous as she has only ever been on a pleasure flight when she was younger!!
Then it was finally time to taxi out! We reversed right upto the end of T2 to let a few aircraft get to their gates. We taxied to 21L which I like to call Runway 2, *hehe*, waited a few minutes and then we were off! Had a great take off and had great views over the UK, then before we knew it we had reached cruising point and were flying over the Sea.
After a while we got our breakfast, *mmmmm*, we had bacon, sausages and potatoes, a bread role, a cake and some orange juice.
The meal was lovely! I dont like bacon but I liked it then! :D Then they brought around duty free, I didnt buy anything, all the models were little baby ones which made little take off noises,....no thanks! During the flight this little girl infront of me started sticking her fork through the gap in between the chairs and started prodding me! :eek: I just ignored her while I was being stabbed to death and she stopped, then she started staring at the girl next to me, emma who came on holiday with me, then the little girl disappeared and the next thing we knew she was throwing all her rubbish over!!!! :mad: Anyway, except for that, the flight was great,...untill it came to landing, we felt like we were dropping too much! My ears popped and I couldnt hear anything!
Then when we landed we were all happy! We got off and went through the airbridge, it was time to say "OLA!" to tenerife for two weeks! The 1st hotel we stayed in was too noisy at night so we moved somewhere else and everyday we got loads of helicopters and light aircraft flying over us, is there a small airfeild in tenerife because I didnt see them at Tenerife airport. :confused:
2 weeks went by and already it was time to go home.
TFS~MAN~FCA872D~B757
*Reg unknown*
Departed 16OO * Should have departed just after 2 O clock*
Arrived 21OO *Should have arrived at 182O*
Well, we got a First Choice bus to the airport, then the Rep made an announcement. "The flight to newcastle will be on time, Im afraid anyone flying to Manchester the flight has been delayed due to a systems crash earlier that morning at MAN which caused alot of delays." So to kill some time we had a look around the shop, had a burger king, then we went and watched some aircraft, here is what I saw, not many regs though Im afraid!
Excel airways~B737s, B757s and B767s *One B737 was G XLAF *
Thomas cook airlines~ B757~2OOs and 3OOs and an A32O
Spanair~1 MD82
Flyglobespan~1 B737~3OO
Fuerza Aerea Espanola~ CASA C-212
Air scandic~ A3OO
Flyjet~ B757~2OO
Finnair~ B757 *op for air scandic* and an MD82
Monarch airlines~A32Os, A321s, A33O with new nose cone!* G EOMA
Iberia~ B757~2OO *EC HIX
My travel~ B757~2OOs.
Air Europa~ B737~8OO *EC ICD*
first choice ~A32Os, A321s and B757~2OOs
Volare airlines~ 2 A32Os EC ISI and EC ICN
Futura~ 2 or 3 B737s
Hapag Lloyd~ 2 B737s
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ So there was a very good selection of aircraft there, I may have missed some there because at one stage an aircraft parked infront of me so we had to move!
Then we were looking at flight arrivals and next to our flight it said it had arrived at a diffrent gate! So we had to run to gate 25 when it was supposed to be Gate 6! We waited 5 minutes and we were on the aircraft, it wasnt a new one this time but it did for me! :p
Then we taxied to the runway, waited for an aircraft to land, and we were off back to sunny old England. :rolleyes:
It was 5 minutes and we were crusing over the sea, to be honest I was quite looking forward to going back, but there again I wanted to stay in tenerife, but I had no choice! The meal was once again fantastic, instead of having dinner we had tea because of the delay! It was sausage, mashed potatoe, break role, chocolate fudge cake and Danish pastry, then I had tried to get to sleep untill....you guessed it, little children kicking my chair! Then they were kicking my mums chair and emmas chair, I kept looking at the mother to show it was getting annoying. Then the dad said "Now stop it, your starting to annoy people! Then they stopped so I tried to get some more sleep, but no, the little child started crying, waking everyone up. I know it aint the babys fault but I was just fed up in the end!
Then when we started to land at MAN it seemed like we were turning for ages! Then when we finally touched down everyone clapped at the pilot, went past the viewing park, finally saw concorde lit up which looked great and that was it!
Hope you enjoyed reading my trip report, a few piccies will be coming in the next week!
matt :D

Original post

Member for

19 years 11 months

Great report Matt! Well done!

Nice to hear that the pax clapped the pilot for a good landing. From what I've heard it's quite rare nowerdays...

Member for

19 years 10 months

Cheers BY767!
Yeah, I was surprised when everyone started clapping!

Member for

19 years 10 months

so many people complaining about first choice not having models onboard, ive managed to get hold of a couple of 1:200 scale B767 and A321 from first choice airways, if you write to them.

Good trip report well done.

Member for

19 years 10 months

cheers!
Yeah, they only had little baby toys!! Aw well, if my bro works for them Im sure he could try and get a few.

Member for

19 years 10 months

its very sad they have stopped selling them on flights

Member for

20 years 1 month

Nice report. Your flights were operated by G-OOBA and G-OOOK.

Member for

19 years 10 months

oh! Thanks Alex!!!!...how did you know

Member for

20 years 1 month

G-OOBA was scheduled for your flight the week you went, and it swapped with G-OOOK the week after.

Member for

19 years 10 months

ah right! thanks

Member for

20 years 10 months

Good report, Lucky git getting OOBA :)

Member for

19 years 10 months

Cheers, wow, its been rated!