787 inflight photos

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Saw this link posted on another forum, and thought some of you guys here would like to see the photos on the link - it looks great in the air!

http://s905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/robertmhilljr/787%20Views%20from%20chase%20plane/

Original post

Member for

18 years 8 months

That's just linking to the home page for me, Andrew. I have to agree though, from the videos I've seen she looks superb in the air!

Paul

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hopefully working now?

Member for

15 years 2 months

Looks like the rear of the engine nacelle was designed as a pastry cutter.:D

I don't think the factory paint scheme shows the aircraft to best advantage, either. (But it probably won't be sold as 'the best looking aircraft around').

Member for

18 years 6 months

It's not a grand aesthetic design change from, say, the 767 (certainly not the frozen design, the early designs looked quite different). However, it does look different and to me it does look good. Looks great in flight with gear up. As with most aircraft I think some liveries will make it look a lot better than others.

Member for

20 years

Maybe it's just my monitor, or my tired old eyes playing tricks, but they look a lot like FS screengrabs to me.

It does look nice, though.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Was thinking same as you Lance... i don't think these are real?? No sign of these on A-net or JP either???

Member for

18 years 8 months

EXIF shows these were taken with a D2x. I think they're real, they just look like they've had quite a bit of processing. They're the wrong colour space for the internet, though! :D

They're still superb images and I still think she's a stunningly beautiful aircraft. Can't wait to see her!

Paul

Member for

24 years 3 months

I don't think the factory paint scheme shows the aircraft to best advantage, either.

Until now I've thought the aircraft looked awful 'in real life', but these have changed my mind, so I think you're right.

Member for

19 years 5 months

Perhaps I'm missing something , but I thought the first 787 flying had Boeing house colours. These shots show ANA markings.

Do they already have a second aircraft flying?

Member for

18 years 8 months

Perhaps I'm missing something , but I thought the first 787 flying had Boeing house colours. These shots show ANA markings.

Do they already have a second aircraft flying?

The second 787 to fly was in ANA colours (which I'm guessing is the same one shown in these photos) and I think it had its first flight around a week after the one in the Dreamliner scheme first flew, so they do indeed have 2 flying.

Paul

Member for

19 years 5 months

The second 787 to fly was in ANA colours (which I'm guessing is the same one shown in these photos) and I think it had its first flight around a week after the one in the Dreamliner scheme first flew, so they do indeed have 2 flying.

Paul

I'm impressed, they seem to be making up for lost time.

But the flight test division is working 7 days a week and late nights.
I'm guessing that the pilots are on a flight hour restriction.

Member for

15 years 2 months

They look. :)