I love British Airways-Dont You Love British Airways?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

LAST EDITED ON 20-Nov-00 AT 01:01 PM (GMT)[p]I have had some of the nicest flying experiences with British Airways.The first time I flew with them was with a Boeing 777 from London to Philadelphia.The plane was modern and clean, with personal entertainment in economy class, great food and very good overall service.The cabin attendants were by far the most affable I had ever come across and presented me with a gift when I made friend with them.The business and first class sections of the plane are amazing, although I only entered them as part of a tour organized by one of the stewardesses.Once, when they lost my baggage, they paid me $150, and made me half wish they would lose my baggage every time.The next day they drve my baggage hundreds of miles to a small town I was staying at, and bought me a new bag free when I pointed out that my baggage was damaged.Once, on a flight a steward even gave me a first class amenity kit when I befriended him(believe me, the cabin crew are half the fun on a BA flight).In fact, every time I cross the Atlantic, I look forward to my British Airways flight weeks in advance.The service, food and personal inseat TVs on long haul flights make them part of the holiday.I hear that British Airways is installing World Traveller Plus, inseat TVs on it's entire long haul fleet, and flat beds for Business class passengers.So, in all likelihood, British is going to get from good to better, and in all likelihood one of the very best.Tell me about your experiences-I am sure many of you will have similar nice stories about the BA experience.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: I love British Airways-Dont You Love British Airways?

Perhaps BA is a good example of airline which really thinks how to make those couple of million people happy who want to travel instead of getting bad back and angry looking faces. Maybe it is not the money that makes you happy.

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: I love British Airways-Dont You Love British Airways?

I've never lost baggage yet and I don't travel long-haul either - but even when it comes to travelling short-haul I've chosen Britsh Airways over Lufthansa for many years now although Lufthansa is actually a bit cheaper. But travelling Lufthansa always makes me feel a part of the baggage myself. It really can't be nice for the crew to travel to and fro all day long but somehow stewardesses on BA flights are still friendly and smiling even at the end of a long day.

There's something else that I like on BA flights. If you bring your own headphones you can listen to the board program. You don't have to buy headphones that won't fit anywhere else.

I was really sorry when British Airways suspended the service last year. I'll have to go Lufthansa now but I think it's actually a code-share flight on a British Midlands B737.