Canada to India....Direct

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Did u know Canada3000 an airline in Vancouver(i am not sure) is plannig to start a direct flight from Vancouver to New Delhi over the North Pole. This is a new route that will cut the flight time by 4 hours. Do you think this flight will be succesful??? I dont even know what aircraft they will use. I have heard they r gonna use a A340.

Original post

RE: Canada to India....Direct

I heard it was going to be one-stop @ LGW with an A330-200. CMM do not have A340 a/c. The flight will route Vancouver-Toronto-Gatwick-Delhi.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well, if CMM do start a service of this nature, then I'm sure they will use the A330-200's they currently have in their fleet.
I've heard rumours of this service floating around for quite some time now.

If it is of any help, Turkmenistan plan to fly a four weekly service from Toronto to Ashgabad/Delhi via Birmingham (BHX). I have heard the B757 will be the aircraft type used on this service.

Regards,
V1

Member for

24 years 2 months

I think Grik has got some wrong information. The flight will fly over the north pole, then into Russia and then strait to India. And i was wrong about the A340s. A757 till Canada....that wont be nice. But u cant help..those r the only good range aircrafts they got.

I think some of you are forgetting the extremely long-range capabilaties of the A330-200. It's got extra centre fuel tanks and can easily fly Vancouver-Delhi non-stop. Although not as long as this route, Sabena uses it on Brussels-Dallas, Aer Lingus on Dublin-Los Angeles.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Also SAL(South African) flys Johanesburg-NewYork non-stop with a 747. I think this is the longest flight in the world. And SAS also flies copenhagen-Tokyo.