How is Turkish Airlines ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

The other day when I was surfing the internet, I came across the website of Turkish Airlines.I was curious as to what people on this forum thought about THY? I have never been on it, and am quite curious.How do passengers find it's inflight service, punctuality, and the friendliness of the cabin crew?

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: How is Turkish Airlines ?

Well...i have not travelled with THY but my brother has. He said he had a good experience with them. He said the aircrafts were well mentained and the crew was warm. But one thing he pointed out of THY is that the seats of the aircraft are not at all comfortable and when the aircraft is taxieng to the runway...it seems he is racing with his plane. They do it very fast. But in all it is a good airline.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well, I have just flown once. The inbound flight was ok, despite the plane was a B727 all painted in white and the windows were so dirty that I thought there was fog landing in Istambul
(it was bright) the return flight with a regular plane was enjoyable, regular and with no relevants details.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I have never flown with THY, but they are universally considered to be an average airline. Not brilliant, but not awful either.

Keltic, I find it amusing that you state the THY crew taxied the aircraft as if they were racing. Have you ever flown with Ryanair? If you want to experience breakneck taxi speeds, fly with them!!! I'm surprised their poor old 737's can take the stress of it. When taxying on departure from Birmingham about three years ago, I though we were going to tip over when we turned onto another taxiway! Nice smooth landing in Dublin though, for a 737 at least.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Whoops!! Pardon me. I was referring to the message left by Kabir, sorry Keltic!

I've only flown them once-business class from Athens to Istanbul but was quite impressed. Very nice plane (cleanliness, seats, etc), excellent food and pleasant flight attendants. No complaints.

Member for

24 years 3 months

LAST EDITED ON 02-Jan-01 AT 10:22 PM (GMT)[p]Well I used to work as a travel consultant and I used to avoid selling them as the flights never seemed to connect. It was either a night (or two) in Istanbul airport (they don't provide courtesy accomodation) or nothing! I've never flown with them, but they seem to have a fairly modern fleet of aircraft, including RJ-85'S, one of which I saw once displayed at Woodford Airshow in the mid 1990's. Quite an impressive performance!

Paul.