first class seats

Read the forum code of contact

The Tourist Class syndrome is causing a serious concern among airlines. Most of them, don´t go to the point and prefer giving recomendations to the passengers instead of getting more human configurations although the incomes are lower. It seems that travelling in style is going to be a good way to resolve this. There are great seats, but my favourite are Singapore Airlines (Raffles Class), BA, AA, and Swissair one. We see discerning suites (with an semi-isolated seat converted in bed, luxurious upholteries, superb dining and many other things. Iberia has introduce new seats, they are OK, fully reclining, in creme colour, individual screens, great mediterranean food, and superb wines. Have you ever travelad first in long haul?. I would appreciate your comments.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: first class seats

Well I've done Raffles class with SQ and that was cool, although economy class syndrome can be alleviated simply by getting up once and hour or simply moving your feet round in circles to promote circulation and stop embolisms forming. Easy peasy!!!!

Paul.

Member for

24 years 3 months

it's easy to say get up and move your feet round, but when you're in the middle seat in a cramped cabin (which make up 40% of seats in a 747, after all), especially during an overnight flight, getting to your feet can be really difficult! The longest I've ever sat in a seat was in AF economy YYZ-CDG last year, the fasten seat belt sign was on most of the flight, too, as they claim they were expecting turbulence (there wasn't any, though).

BA and Swissair have excellent FC seats and yes SQ also has a cool raffles class. Although I think i had a good FC experience with Ansett Australia, they were great. The worst FC travell i have done is with Air India, Garuda, Korean Air, Air NewZeland.
AIr India is just too much....u dont expect any thing from them.
First in Long haul yes. I went London-Delhi, Delhi-Copenhagen, Singapore-Melbourne. My brother has been on Johanesburg-NewYork and he says thats a nightmare.

cheers
Kabir