BA and it's Tails!

Read the forum code of contact

Time to liven this place up!

I want to know what people think of the British Airways Tails, I quite honestly hate them. But what do you think?

Does anyone know how many different tails there are?

And is BA run by a group of children all under the age of 5? The pictures and graphics on the tails seem very childish!

--MK--

aka "Anti BA Boy"

Original post

RE: BA and it's Tails!

Well, again I have to say, that I loved them. Children can be really creative. Sorry

Member for

24 years 3 months

I agree with keltic

Member for

24 years 3 months

I disagree. There are way too many, and some of them are downright ugly.
Although the new, standardised Nelson flag is good. But a bit more colour on the fuselage wouldn't be amiss.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well I preferred the more 'corporate' colours of the early 90's. They reflected prestige and definately "flew the flag" as did their other 70's/80's colours. That's why they did'nt paint all those awful designs on Concorde... Can you imagine Concorde's tail painted with tartan or one of those awful 'ethnic' designs? I think and hope not! Not that there is anything wrong with the designs and images of other cultures, it's just that there is a place for them and on the tail of one of the worlds best airlines is'nt one of them. It's about time that people started flying our flag again because I don't care what people say: Our flag reflects quality and value for money! The new tails that they are bringing out now (as per Concorde) are better but make the airline look a bit 'charter' if you know what I mean.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Maybe then you should put a marmalade jar and a cup of tea picture on the fuselage. It would look even more "British".

No folks, BA had a great idea, they put colours on airliners. Other companies should follow. (Check out the Frontier 737, that's painting)

Member for

24 years 3 months

We have to judge the idea, not some of the design which were not really nice. However some where brilliant. I don´t know why an airline is more "national" if we put the flag on it. Airlines must have a more global image since they operate in international market. Some people sees in this (excesive use of flags), sights of ultrapatriotism, a bit of racism and a lack of elegance. And I don´t want to say that I see it in this way, since I don´t really care what airlines put on their planes. But many passengers out of the UK think this.

I agree, the early 90's did see the best British Airways scheme, so elegant and classy. I didn't like the World Tails and I don't like the new Nelson thing.

Just to let you know that an alternate opinion on this subject exists, I would like to say that the BA tails are an absolutely brilliant idea and not only reflect the multicultural and dynamic face of today's Britain, but also make BA look unique and make tham stand out among the crowds at busy international airports.

Well, enjoy the world images while they last as time is running out for them. More and more aircraft are having the union flag tail applied. I have mixed views about the utopia colours, but some of them were very good, and BA should be given credit for trying something a little different.

My main gripe with their current livery is the boring scheme apllied to the rest of the aircraft. A blue belly and white fueselage? The current colours look more like the original BA livery that was around in the mid seventies/early eighties!