SriLankan Air...any one traveled?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Anyone here traveled with SriLankan air??? If u havent u must try it, it has become a wonderful airline. Since Emirated took over it it has absolutly changed. All new fleet of A330s and A340s and superb inflight entertainment with new movies and a viw of the front of the plain and back.

Original post

RE: SriLankan Air...any one traveled?

I travelled with Sri Lankan Airlines way back in '86, when the airline obviously operated as Air Lanka. I must admit the L-1011 was very comfortable and the service was second to none. I don't know what they're like now but quality certainly isn't a recent addition to the brand.

Member for

24 years 2 months

My father flew for Air Lanka from October 1979 to June 1984. He was a captain on B-707 and L-1011. Truely in those AirLanka was an envy for a lot of other airlines. Its in-flight service was superb.

Air Lanka always had a super crew and Sri Lankan airlines has maintained that high degree of comfort for the pasenger and caring stewardesses. With them flying A340 and the 330's the inflight entertainment has been taken to the another level. Arguably one of the best airlines in the world.

I flew Sri Lankin on both the 22nd november and the 6december last year from LHR- colombo.

When I got on the aircraft I was thourorly inpressed by the friendliness of the cabin crew. And I expected to be on a very nice flight. That couple that went with Blind date the tv show here in the UK, to the maldives were even on our outbound flight.

Sri Lankan has fitted itself out with some very good up to date airliners, it now though needs to spend some money making sure it keeps up to standard for two reasons:
1) They served curry and rice for breakfast
2) The adjustable back supports in the seat were broke
on lots of the seats, Though luckily the flight was almost empty so I was able to move around.

so, what's wrong with rice and curry for breakfast? Sometimes, things break in flight and its always not possible to repair/replace them at the last minute, since these aircraft fly hectic schedules. Complaining about trivial things don't help anyone.