emergencies

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Flying may a thrilling experience or a frightening one. Did you ever experience hard situations on a plane?, How were they?.
Despite the hard landings and trubulences I usually have to experience in SCQ, landings abortions....I point out two.
-Spanair flying from Madrid in MD83 a couple of months. 50 knots winds, night and the plane moving a lot. We were almost touching the trees at threshold and it collapsed (windsheer), shouts, and sudden acceleration and going up. It hasn´t much time so it touched the tarmac really violently, the lights were off, the racks oppened and it was quite hard.
-Taking off from STN in B737 to SCQ. Sudden despresurization, the masks went off and we had to land again.
What about you?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: emergencies

My most horrifyin experience was in an Indian Airlines A320, when it entered a C-Cloud formation and had a free fall. The free fall was for around 10,000 ft. We were being served lunch at that time and everythin went strait up to the roof including the air-hostess and a few more people. This was the most horrifying experience yet.

Member for

24 years 2 months

My first flight from Antwerp to Londen in a VLM (now banckrupt) fokker 50. The plane was so old that i thought it could crash every second. But last week when i flew from Capetown to Joburg in a SAA 747 the pilot more or less was a cowboy. He descended way too fast, but i like it. This makes some extra fun during long flights. But the airlines i flew with more or less had a good reputation. Next time i'll fly with North-Korean airways or Virgin :-)

Greetings
Geforce

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sorry its not about emergencies i appologise,but geforce are you shaw vlm went banckrupt because they come over to guernsey(where i live) and jersey every satuday from, muchenglabach,rotterdam,berlin,london city and antwerp using fokker 50's and i read they were the largest operater at lcy.Sorry if i'm wrong.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Yeah really are they still operational? Cool, than maybe o come back to jersey. VLM is nice to fly with because it's very local and you don't have to wait hours to get checked in.

Greetings
Geforce

Member for

24 years 2 months

Vlm have a website at www.vlm-airlines.com.Its nice to see them using there fokker 50's,you don't see many at my local airport any more.Once again i appoligise for not posting anything about emergincies.
Regards Saab 2000

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hey KabirT
Whats it like droping 10.000 feet? How long did it last? Whats a C-cloud formation? Drops like that scare me, I think my sanity would be forever jeopardized!!!!I have problems riding a long drop roller-coaster!!
Did the captain say what was going on, and does the plane just have to wait to come out of it or is there a way of stoping it?
Imagine being that steward stuck to the roof with everyone looking at you, hardly dignified.