BA gets rid of it's tacky tails!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

It cost £60million to complete and it's now going to be destroyed. It was not popular with passengers....nor with me!

Those awful British Airways tail designs are to be destroyed forver although they will not change straight away!

Yippee, I'm so happy!

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: BA gets rid of it's tacky tails!

LAST EDITED ON 12-05-01 AT 00:29 AM (GMT)[p]Well I don't know about you, but I loved those 70's/80's BA colours....... "fly the flag" and all that...... bloody marvellous! Then again the corporate colours of the late 80's/90's were good too although I think those awful 'ethnic' tail designs cheapened the airline. Even Mickey Mouse airlines like PIA and Air Uzbekistan don't do this kind of thing!!!!!

Good riddance!

Although bring back some proper corporate coulours I say. Fly the Union Flag proper and get some decorum back in our NATIONAL AIRLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

It wouldn't surprise me if they do go for a totally new livery and identity, the new Australian cheif executive seems to be changing quite a few things already...

Member for

24 years 2 months

I thought BA were really brave, forward and open minded in the world colours designs, however i do appreciate that they didnt always work. I think they need to have a sense of uniformity to all their planes, an instantly recognizable fleet.
I do prefer the white body to their old gray, and the ribbon strip at the fore is great, and the tails with the flag flying on them, I think there good enough to keep.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thank god for that,
I mean credit to BA they tried, but nothing is going to beat the old red, white and blue!!

James Scott

Member for

24 years 2 months

Unfortunately the nice ethnic tails are going to be replaced by a patriotic and shabby livery: an agly ribbon twice. Flags should be for official use, acts of patriotism, waving them at Eurovision song contest, and other situations. Airlines aren´t national any more since most of them are private and doesn´t represent anyone or any country. For years they have acted with an untolerable monopolism, make regions to feel isolated, searching their own welfare and not taking into consideration people´s needs. BA or IB in mya case are not symbols of national pride and will not represent me. I will be with the one which will be able to satisfy my needs any time I travel, and I don´t feel impresed by having this or that flag on their fuselages. As far as I am concerned I don´t see why BA is more British than Airtours, JMC or Monarch. Let´s keep flags and nationalism away from aviation, a globalized world and many of us would be grateful. As fas as I am concerned and since BA is not the world´s favourite airline any more, I will change my preferences to more balanced and reasonable airlines like BD. The 80 colours were nicer.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Well i am not surprised as well if they plan to make those fancy tails dissapear. I came to know that they did a survey on this and came to know that people came to know that people prefer one purticulor colour scheme. This survey was done i think with BA's frequent flyers. Well i never liked there colour schemed one bit, all that money will know just go down the drain. The logo and the colour scheme of an airline is its skin by witch people recognise it. BA tried to keep that by putting there logo between the upper deck and the lower deck, but i have experienced most people get confused what airline it is, A purticular BA 747 has visited most here, it has kindof a chinese painting of White and Black markings. People thought a new airline, but found BA.