4x4 ON THE BBC

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

This was rubbish!!

For instince they said now we will talk to pilots about them telling us about their worst airports!

The BBC nead a kick up the ass.. Sorry but its true.. They need to watch Discovery Wings they have the best channel on televison Who agrees?????

a REFERENDUM MAYBE

WHO PREFERS BBC DOCUMENTRIES OR D WINGS???

Cheers

Brgds

Kestreljet

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: 4x4 ON THE BBC

i saw the end with the ba palne on a runway with a dogy door - IN THE 80'S - HOW OUT OF DATE WAS THIS.
also what on earth is t with the name ???
having not got sky but channel hoped on my mate on D wings loks brilliant :-)
rabie :9

Member for

24 years 3 months

That program was Rubbish!!!!First of all i don't think one of the presenters had a clue about aviation,and do peploe really want to hear this just before they go on holiday?
Flying is the safest way to travel,and they made it seem like if you go by plane this year is ever going to crash or fall out the sky!!!Give me discovery wings any day of the week especially that program flight deck,or even airport on ther BBC.

regards Saab 2000

P.S.Next week i do not intend to watch 4X4 about the working woman and how rich they are!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I missed this, I saw all the adverts about it and meant to watch it but forgot it was on.
From the adverts it just sounded as though it was a program whose intention was to do nothing but scare people about flying. After all flying is the safest form of transport and this sort of thing doesn't help anyone, especially those who are already a bit apprehensive towards flying.

Discovery wings has some great programs, I also like Flight Deck. The only thing is that some are now a bit outdated and are repeated constantly, they need a few new programs now and then.

If your looking for flight deck stuff then try the videos from ITVV, they are excellent.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is there any satellite TV channel that broadcasts only (or most of their time) aviation programmes?

Member for

24 years 3 months

4X4 was decent i think, but I TOTALLY agree Discovery Wings kicks A$$!!!!! I hope it goes 24 hour soon!

Member for

24 years 3 months

"Is there any satellite TV channel that broadcasts only (or most of their time) aviation programmes? "

YES -what we have been talking about - discovery wings. i think its on sky digital.

rabie :9

Member for

24 years 3 months

DISCOVERY WINGS IS ON SKY DIGITAL CHANNED 556 AND ON ON DIGITAL CHANNEL 36!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes I hope they take on 24/7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be brill! The best thing on there I think is friend in High Places!

The only bad thing is its mostly Army!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think the media always need to be making someone look bad. Apparently you are more likly to be kicked to death by a donkey than die in a aviation accident.

James Scott