Manchester Runway Two

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've been going to the Aviation Viewing Park at Manchester Runway for the past year, but I've seen many references to the Vantage Point at Runway Two, and also "the Hotel at the threshold". Does anybody know anything about any of these two?

Where are they? How can I get there, and is it free?

Thanks

http://www.aircraftsafety.moonfruit.com

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Manchester Runway Two

The Airport Pub at the threshold is free and the Aviation Viewing Park you have to pay......but i haven`t heard of the vantage point next to Runway 2.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks a lot!

How do I get to the Airport Pub? I've heard people refer to "The Hotel at the threshold"...where's that (presumably at the threshold)

Of which runway is the Airport Pub at the threshold?

Replies appreciated,

Thanks.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The Airport Pub is at the threshold of on the R24R(?) at the Stockport end of the runway`s anyway!!:).

As for driving directions I don`t know.

Hope this is of help!! Scott

Member for

24 years 2 months

LAST EDITED ON 12-07-01 AT 01:15 AM (GMT)[p]The airport pub is free, but you will find it very hard to park at most times. The beer and decor is awful too and the staff are really unfriendly. I used to go with my parents when I was a kid and it was great, but it has gone downhill now especially because the planes mainly take off from the new runway, although tonight they were'nt using the new one when I landed from CDG. It's ok I suppose for a day out, but compared to what it used to be like in the 80's, it is now very poor really as you don't really get any exciting/loud aircraft anymore. You also get a lot off rough/odd people who seem to gravitate there these days who clutch radios and write down numbers yet seem to know nothing about aircraft. One guy once exclaimed to me that he saw a jumbo "climb vertically the other week".

Amatures. They have probably never been on an aircraft.

Paul.

Best place is follow the signs from the roundabout for T1/T3 and go behind the Romper pub to the new viewing area. It's easy to get there.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I go to Manhcester a lot! The Aviation viewing park is the best bet although its difficult to see departing planes. The pub at the threshold is at the end of 24R. Its ok but a bit dodgy now. You can get to it by following signs to T3 then at the mini roundabout next to The apron, turn left. Follow this road and its on the right. There is a vantage point for Runway 2. If you go through both tunnels under the runways, go all the way round the roundabout at the end, there is a large road on the left heading back under the tunnel. It says 'do not block, for emergencies only' but you can go up it and into a field on the right. It can get muddy, bt its great for seeing planes.

Alex

http://www.alexbuszard.cjb.net