Viewing at Liverpool Airport

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

If you are ever in my neck of the woods and want to watch movements at my local airport, one of the best places to view is Speke Hall owned by the National Trust. You will have to pay to enter the grounds (i think about £2.50) but then you can get very good runway views and with the NT upgraded catering facilities they actually seem tobe encouraging spotters as well as visitors to the house and garden !

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Viewing at Liverpool Airport

Whats photography like? Can you get above the fence or whatever is in the way? May have a look one day if so.

Member for

24 years 2 months

You can go along a pathway which the NT put in i think for views over the River Mersey, but it is also ideal for watch aircraft( there are a few wood benches). Particularly good when flights arrive on runway 09 (ie from the west). Have seen Concorde a few times from this position.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Its also possible to see aircraft at the othe end of the runway. If you travel towards hale there is a road which goes down towards the river and passes the bottom of runway 27. There is an area (unofficial) that people park up where you can get quite good views. However this area is not maintained and therefore not as pleasant as Speke Hall.