bmi british midland

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I recently flew their MAN - IAD (Washington, Dulles) route only a few days ago and their service was fantastic.

Firstly their aircraft is spanking new, the carpets seats, IFE, everything is beautiful. The Cabin Crew worked tirelessly the whole time, never sitting down, making the 8 hour flight feel like an express MAN - LHR route.

Their service at MAN ground and IAD was spot on, too.

Long may their service remain, since, having had the misfortune of having to fly back with BA due to weather incursions, I can firmly say that bmi outstrip their opponents.

BA's staff were obnoxious, rude, and 'snooty'; no wonder foreigners have such an impression of the British. With no Inflight Entertainment, awful seats and a manky crew, that flight of only 5 hours was my worst.

If anyone else has any commments on this, I'd be grateful.

Regards

IFE

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: bmi british midland

I'm flying with BA again on Wed, when I flew with them to Kuala Lumpur from MAN via LHR, I thought they were brill. Especially when uo consider what the charter airlines are like.

When I fly with them on Wed, MAN - Tobago via LGW I'm lucky though for the main flight is in one of their new 777's with private tv's for each passenger. I'm looking forward to it.

I am also flying BWIA for a domestic flight, Tobago - Trinidad.

Shaun

Member for

24 years 3 months

I flew with BA from LGW to Orlando a few years ago and have to say I was not impressed. The entertainment was one TV per about 30 rows (747-200). With me being young at the time and the seats being very big, I had to sit on the arm rest the entire time I wanted to watch the TV, which was cut and edited like crazy, horrible.
The staff were awful as well. Needless to say we fly Virgin everytime to US but I wouldn't mind trying bmi and I'd love to fly on the A330.

Member for

24 years 3 months

i have flown ba virgin and bmi and found them all as good as each other i think ba on a good day is better than virgin and bmi any day but i had the pleasure of flying virgin upper class and that is definately one of the best products out there in business class by far.I see that singapore a/l is now doing business class beds like ba , i will say one thing ba is the most innovaitive airline for inflight service by far

Member for

24 years 3 months

I would like to try bmi's Trans-Atlantic serice too. I have however flown on an A330 of Aer Lingus to Boston. That was very new, lovely inside, good leg-room. I was very impressed with there aircraft.

Member for

24 years 3 months

On long haul, I only flew BA. To EWR and from Chicago to LHR in both cases old B747-100. Cramped, good inflight service, the crews were friendly and the plane had a terrible noise all the way ( a pannel from the ceiling had almost dettached and rattled). From Chicado I was upgraded (no seats at economy) and it was great.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Isn't British Airways 'allegedly' the "World's Favourite Airline?" How were they given this distinction? Was there a worldwide Gallop pole, or something?