Axon Airlines screw up at Newcastle

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Last Friday an Axon Airlines 737-700 diverted to MAN, after attempting to land at NCL 3 times! There was a report in the Sunday times about it and several other papers. Minutes after the 737 went down to MAN, an ATR42 landed safely. When at MAN, a passenger called the police as the pilot would not let the pax disembark the a/c. When the police arrived the pax got off the plane and got a train back up to NCL.
So what do you think about this???

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Axon Airlines screw up at Newcastle

axon must be a funny airline. i first heard about this incident
on german tv. the next day my newspaper had it too. they said
the pilot made a rough landing in manchester...
the funny thing is that axon apologized with the words:
the pilot is new in his job !!!
i just hope that the story is not true.
regards

Member for

24 years 2 months

hehe - being a fan of Greek Aviation (Corfu mainly) it doesn't surprise me at all...

What does everyone think of airlines like Axon, Cronus and Galaxy???

Cheers,

Jetset464

Member for

24 years 2 months

I know this post originated about 2 months ago, but I'm new to this forum, and decided to respond anyway. As far as the go arounds go, I was on Rhodes 2 years ago, and noticed a number of Greek airlines do a number of go-around prior to landing, one of which happened to be Axon. Our hotel was right under the glide path, and around 9 p.m. one evening, whatp appeared to be an Olympic A300B4 in an all-white scheme rings on the tail only, took 4 approaches before it FINALLY touched down. I thought this was rather strange, but noticed it happening quite a bit, and noticed that there were constant wind currents in the area, albeit nothing major, in my opinion. As far as what I think of these smaller Greek carriers? I think they're great for Greek aviation. My father has flown on Aegean Airlines on several occassions and just loves them. Black leather seating throughout, great service, better fares than Olympic. They've only been around for a little over 2 years and have already swallowed up AirGreece and merged with Cronus. They now carry joint titles in Aegean colors. A friend of mine recently flew from Thessaloniki to Athens on an Axon ERJ-145 and he loved it. Leather seats, great service, and a meal. I've never flown any of these smaller carriers but I have flown on Olympic and I think Olympic should learn from these little guys.