boeing or airbus

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

hi
please tell me who has better quality aircrafts boeing or airbus. in my opinion it is boeing!!!

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: boeing or airbus

Both produce quality Aircraft.
The difference is more in gadgets.
If you prefer 'pure' controls, you'd probably prefer Boeing, if you prefer fly-by-wire, Airbus is what you want.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I agree with Bhoy, they both make brilliant aircraft

Shaun

Member for

24 years 3 months

In my opinion it is very childish to compare Boeing with Airbus. They should not be compared on the first place. Both are the giants in there fields are uncomparable as they both make quality jets. Know if you want to compare, compare Boeing or Airbus with Ilyushin.

Member for

24 years 3 months

or tupolev

Member for

24 years 3 months

Airbus led the way for years with it's fly-by-wire contols. The latest Boeing, the 777, is also fly-by-wire, so Boeing obviously saw the advantages it had to offer.

I can gaurantee you that all future Boeing aircraft will have fly-by-wire too.

Both companies manufactur bloody good aircraft in my opinion.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Both make good planes. I prefer Airbus only for a question of national pride.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think Boeing have the better aircraft.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi there,
I like the design of Airbus Aircraft, and the cockpit of all Boeing aircraft except the B777
Matthew

Member for

24 years 3 months

Doesn't almost every Boeing cockpit look like in the 777?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Why shouln't you compaire those giants. Most airlines make a choise between those so in my opion it should be a nice discussion

JW

Member for

24 years 3 months

Both

I would say both companies make superb aircraft Just look at the list.

Boeing: 707, 717, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, and BBJ
Airbus: A300, A310, A320, A330, A340, and A319CJ

Every single one of those aircraft has been immensely successful. That in itself is a tribute to both companies.
P.S. On A320, I didn't say A319/21 because they are just differenst sizes of the same plane just as the 737-300/400/500 are.

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Both

the 777-300 is a delight to fly but a little hard to move around on the ground cos of its sheer size
that is my view as a 777 pilot i have never flown an airbus but ii have flown in plenty of them and dont like them to much

Member for

24 years 3 months

LAST EDITED ON 28-10-01 AT 11:40 PM (GMT)[p]If You want a good old Yoke go with Boeing, But if you want a good old joystick, which most people use on the sims, then go wth Airbus. Vvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy simple!

And to re-cap

Yoke = Boeing
Joystick = Airbus

Andrew M

Member for

24 years 3 months

AIRBUS
as an engineer in a company that flies both
i go for airbus, nicer to maintain

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is n't it a silly question? both produce several types of aircraft, and each type of aircraft should be judged upon.

Personally I prefer the A330/340 over the B767...but talking about the 777, i rate this again better than the A340.

Member for

24 years 3 months

EA777

comparison of fleets
A320 is better than B737
B757 is better than A321
A330 is better than B767
B777 is better than A340
not sure about the B747 and A380 yet

THEREFORE I FEEL THEY ARE BOTH BRILLIANT, BUT MY FAVOURATE AIRLINER IS THE BOEING 777

ANYONE AGREE?

Member for

24 years 3 months

The aircraft produced by both are fairly comparable and their lines are designed to follow each other in general. When airlines are making a decision as to which is better for them then often their decision isn't actually based on the aircraft, but the financial packages they receive and what they currently have in their fleet.

As for all Boeing cockpits looking like the 777's..that is quite inaccurate. Boeing has offered 777 style flightdecks on newer build aircraft, but taking the 767 for example, the 200s and 300s are available with EITHER new 767-400 style flightdecks (similar to the 777) or with older style flight decks for commonality. When these aircraft were first produced some airlines actually took them as 3 person cockpits and included a flight engineers position.

Richard