Flight deck

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Do you know if pilots are allowed to let people up on the flightdeck since September the 11th? And if they let you go up there can you still stay in the cockpit for landing?
w_a_s_p_i_e

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Flight deck

I think, as with before Sep 11 that it is the pilots decision as to whether you can visit the deck. I heard on another forum that somebody had been into the flightdeck after Sep 11, so it is still possible.
Landing in the flightdeck was a difficult thing anyway, but I don't know whether it will be allowed now.

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-01-02 AT 10:42 PM (GMT)]I know that Virgin Atlantic are not letting people into the cockpit, and the door is now locked for the entire flight, except for cabin-crew taking in meals ect.

Shaun

Member for

24 years 3 months

we at Emirates are now banned from allowing guests to the flight deck and the doors have been reinforced and remain locked throughout the flight except to Cabin Crew.So if you are hoping for a glimpse of the flight deck on an Emirates flight then you may want to try another carrier.Although i did fly my mum in the jump seat on take off at Singapore and landing in Dubai and she loved it but thats for crew family, general public won't have a chance although we used to allow guests after sept11th the first change was to cockpit security

Member for

24 years 3 months

If any UK people here know the series 'Airline' on ITV, the team of 4 members that film the life of 'easyJet' are given access to the plane during the flight, and are given the front row for equipment.

My friend was on a Airline that flew out of Blackpool, that have now gone bust, and a week or so after Sep 11th my friend travelled on them. There was no crew as he was the only passenger so he got to sit in the co-pilot seat for the whole flight as the captain wanted company on his journey to Belfast (even let him program radios!)!

Andrew

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think most airlines now don't allow flight deck visits. The airline I work for used to at the crews discrection but not since sept 11th. The flight deck door remains locked the whole flight and only the crew has access. Pax have asked on my flights a few times but understand when we have to refuse. It's a shame beccause it really makes their flight and it's good PR for us.