Movements at Manston

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years 2 months

Hi all

Is there anywhere where I can get any information of aircraft movements at Manston? Am going to be around that area for a couple of days soon and would love to maybe observe and photo any remaining DC-8s and 707s that are running in and out of this airport.

Thanks

Original post

Member for

16 years 2 months

I don't know much about Manston, but I think I would if they had regular DC-8s and 707s operating from there! ;)
Perhaps theres one or two sitting idle there? Is that what you mean?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I don't know much about Manston, but I think I would if they had regular DC-8s and 707s operating from there! ;)
Perhaps theres one or two sitting idle there? Is that what you mean?

There is at least 1 MK Airlines DC-8 sitting there awaiting better times. And those times may well come as the Aviodrome museum is looking at buying it. However, that plane is no longer airworthy. If the Aviodrome manages to buy the plane, it will be shipped over.

Member for

15 years 7 months

There's also (well last I heard) an ex-RAAF 707 parked up, Photo here.

MK Airlines DC-8 9G-MKA and Southern Winds B742 LV-AZF are still sitting looking sorry for themselves:( There may still be Air Freight Express B742 N218BA aswell.

Cheers, Huw:)

Member for

17 years 11 months

Don't miss the Spitfire Museum at Manston.

Somewhere else worth visiting is Quex House, nearby.

Bri :)

Member for

16 years 4 months

Movements at Manston are very hit and miss, probably your best bet is FlyteComm (http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight) and see if that shows up anything. The only regular movement seems to be a CargoLux B747F on Tuesdays that arrives around lunchtime and departs around 2pm. There are normally also a few light planes and helicopters doing circuits plus an occasional biz jet (last time I was there there was a biplane doing circuits!).

As far as I know MK airlines, once a Manston regular have got rid of all their DC-8's. One of them is currently parked up out the back looking the worse for wear, pic via the link below.

http://seplanepics.fotopic.net/p55678957.html

Member for

18 years 4 months

Hi stonesfan.

Currently these are the regular cargo flights.

Mon] Nil

Tue] CLX719 B744F NBO-MSE-LUX
CLX717D B744F ACC-MSE-LUX

Wed]MSX536 A300F NBO-CAI-MSE-HHN
BGB118 B742F NBO-TIP-MSE (Or OST instead)

Thr] Nil

Fri] CLX711 B744F NBO-MSE-LUX

Sat] BGB126 B742F NBO-TIP-MSE-LUX

Sun] BGB128 B742F NBO-TIP-MSE-LUX
CLX717 B744F ACC-MSE-LUX
MSX536 A300F NBO-CAI-MSE-HHN

Currently on the airfield is 9G-MKA DC-8, N707QJ B-707, LV-AZF B-742, 5X-JOE DC-10.

We do also get a range of ad-hoc charters of DC-8/AN-12/A-300's

If you PM me I can give you a heads-up on the days you'll be visiting MSE,as I have full access to movements planned. ;)