Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryanair in Cornwall

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carl727
    • Jan 2000

Ryanair in Cornwall

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-02-02 AT 05:24 PM (GMT)]Ryanair are launching a new service from Newquay to Stansted, fares are starting from 39.00. Newquay will now have two London links the other being to Gatwick with BA, which was switched from Heathrow a while back.
  • Saab 2000
    • Jan 2000

RE: Ryanair in Cornwall

Yes it great news for Newquay and especially the Cornish tourism industry which was hit hard with foot and mouth ect.But now due to the new tourist attractions such as the Eden project and the cornish maratime museum then maybe it will be a popular route.According to the southwest news last week it will be served with 2 flights a day.
    One good thing with Newquay is that its runway is extremely long as it is situated at the RAF base St.Mawguen so it can take the larger aircraft.
    I hope this is a success for Newquay and hopefully it might encourage other airlines to operate into there.At the moiment it's only Brymon who operate there to Plymouth,Bristol and Gatwick with a Dash 8.Some airline called euroexpress were supossed to start operations between Alderney and Guernsey to Newquay a while back but that never took off.

Comment

• carl727
      • Jan 2000

RE: Ryanair in Cornwall

I agree, I hope its a great success, its always hard for less main-stream airports to get noticed by airlines and introduce new routes. Liverpool had a link to Newquay in the early 1980s with Genair, but no-one has re-established that link. Your right about the long runway, so maybe Ryanair may add more routes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
      X