Holiday Airlines - Is their service up to scratch?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have been using this forum for quite some time and brought this exact topic up over a year ago: http://www.keymags.co.uk/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=2… At the time I was going by Anti BA Boy and I have recently discovered something disgraceful...!!

I think it is Airtours (MyTravel) are now charging £15.00 for meals on board their aicraft. I know this because we recently looked at yet another package holiday to Dominican Republic.

Package holidays cost enough as it is and surely we cannot be charged such an excessive amount for such a limited amount of undercooked food!

Does anyone know if any other airlines are starting this up?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Holiday Airlines - Is their service up to ...?

My ma says when we first flew AIH 5 years ago it was a 5er - and when Monarch tried to charge a 10er my dad said he would actually pay then a tenner to be sat away from us!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've been with just about every British charter there is except for AMM. I have never found that a meal is going to have to be paid for! Airtours to Heraklion in 1997 was included and Monarch and JMC to Puerto Plata in 1999 and 2000 was also included. And the same with Britannia to La Romana last year!

Stuff the shoddy meals, next time I fly I'll take a Burger King with me! ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's an optional request - u have a choice of meals and pre-bbokable seats - i.e. guarenteed to be together if u r a group trip

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-02-02 AT 08:04 PM (GMT)]For passengers travelling on a full fare or as part of an Airtours/MyTravel or other Inclusive Tour operators Pakage, all meals are included. Meals are only charged for if the passenger has a discounted (cheap) ticket (i.e. last minute) or have a flight only fare with AIH at present!! They ask passengers with cheaper tickets to make them selves known to the cabin crew before departure, then tell them they can pay £10-£15 for some scrag ends!

I say take some really smelly food with you to stink out the cabin! or some really nice food to make everyone gelious! - lets be fair to the charters though, on occasions their 'flight only' tickets are sometimes as cheap, if not cheaper than the low cost carriers! for example to Malaga with AIH you will get entertainment - not with easyJet or Go!

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm booked onto an Airtours flight on March 17th to Montego Bay. It is kind of last minute I s'pose (3-4 weeks) and the travel agent tried to charge us for it! We managed to talk them into giving it to us for free which wasn't bad - lucky me!