Website advice needed!!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sorry to post something so off-topic. Does anyone have any tips for writing a website in HTML? I've been set this as an assessment for college, but we've had no lessons in HTML and there are no books in my local library. I'm not even on a computer course so this assessment is highly irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Normally I've created websites on Tripod, where the HTML is done for you.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Website advice needed!!

Or if u have latest Windows...use MSN FrontPage package......

Member for

24 years 3 months

me presonally i've used word 97 , word 200m front page express and now i'm on dreaweaver. i've only ever open the html to put in title when word 97 wouldn't do that and stuff like that. when you open source in IE5 it seams pretty simple stuff if you know what your doing :7 or as you post here there is a link called "html refernce" which has some stuff in (javascript:makeRemote('http://www.keymags.co.uk/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=html_reference')).

rabie :9

Member for

24 years 3 months

If you haven't got to actually build the website writing the HTML yourself then my advice would be to use some sort of program which can do it for you. As mentioned above theres dreamweaver, you can get a lot of other programs like this, have a look around your local PC World, there will be a lot of packages.
You used to be able to get AOL Press for free over the net but I'm not sure if its still available, a good program for simple HTML.

If you have to write it without the aid of a program then this is obviously a little more difficult. There are plenty of websites that contain tutorials for HTML if you do a search somewhere like google.
If you need any particular snippets of how to do certain things then I (and I'm sure others on the forum) can help you out a bit.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The easiest option would be to make up some poor excuse and just not do it at all! :)

Seriously... Frontpage Express is available for download for free and is a more basic version of Frontpage. Does exactly the same job though!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Frontpage is best, i use it as well as notepad but i only know basic commands!

If anybody here wants to teach me Dreamweaver, plllllleeeeassse do as it is the hardest program to use compared to notepad and Frontpage (Thanks Bill!)

Andrew M

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for your answers guys. I checked out Webmasters suggestion and it looks really helpful. I'm actually off for a tutorial now with the teacher who set the assessment, so I can tell him I've found some good sources if he asks.

Member for

24 years 3 months

have you not tried the tutorial - took a while to get into and i don't use any advanced features. i currettnly use it for doing layers (its just like using publisher), but netscape people can't see this so i must change to frames soon.

contact me agian for more help

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi Rabie - the Keymags HTML bit is a good point for quick reference, thanks for suggesting it. Sorry I've taken a few days to reply. I will try and get started on the site next week, fit it in with the eight essays, powerpoint presentation and final year project I've got to get finished!!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

tell me about as level mock now, i'm in bteeween them now at school and i've done IMHO bad in mechanics but histry, politics and economics have been good. pure this after noon - oh god i'm nervous ( my worse subject).

why revise when i can be here :-)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well said Rabie, I spend too much time here, I'm sure, when I should be working hahaha!! History, politics and economics, not my best subjects I have to say (especially history), all my A levels were sciences, biology my strongest and maths my worst, but all that's history now.
Hope your mocks go well anyway, I had my exams in January, my next ones in May so I know exactly what you're going through.:-)

Member for

24 years 3 months

my that exam was fun , defintely not going to carry maths on to as now, i'll be luckey to get an E

now history is something i'm really good at (i took the lesson on th korea war for gcse :D)