Flaps Newsletter

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 25-02-02 AT 09:10 AM (GMT)]yep, its official, it called Flaps!

Thanks for all your help in chosing the name!

The first issue wil be out at exactly midnight GMT on this firday the second of March.

It is full of loads of news and also will include a special section called Virtual Flaps with Flight Sim news!

The first issue is in pdf but this has not been confirmed as the format for all issues

If you want this exciting Newsletter please send as blank email to mailto:newsletter@bizzair.co.uk

if you have any articles or news items you would like included please send them to Kabir on mailto:mail.bizzair.co.uk

Thanks again,

Regards,

Andrew M

BY THE WAY, LOOK OUT FOR A SPECIAL ITEM IN THE FIRST ISSUE ABOUT UK AIRPORT TIMETABLES THE BOOK. WE HAVE THE INFO ON WHERE TO GET IT!

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Flaps Newsletter

Friday is the 1st of March

Member for

24 years 3 months

Who suggested the name???

Member for

24 years 3 months

Gee I wonder!!!

You coulda pick a better name, seriously! Down here in Australia Flaps referres parts of a female annatomy, so I think you sugested it for those reasons!
Man I'm going to have one hell of a time trying to get news for the editor, especially when they (the airlines) want to read the stuff as well! Sandra Sulting of QANTAS public relations wanted to know today what the mag was called and I told her and she thought I was joking!

Seriously, it's a good name for Aviation minded people, but others out there won't think the same way we do! I'm gonna have to insist, that it be changed! I don't care to what, just not that!

PLEASE have some concideration!

Fighter pilots make movies, Bomber pilots make history and Nerds make money from the sims!

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Gee I wonder!!!

Flaps is the name and will most likely stay that way. The logo has a Sabena Aircarft in it so when people look at it they wont think of female anatomy.

I shall post the logo here tomorrow after noon (GMT) around 1630 to show you.

Sorry about the date thing it WILL be the First of March, this friday.

Andrew M

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hmmm!

What about all the other Airlines that have gone out of business? Sabena isn't the only one, hell why not Ansett or Impulse or even Compass?

I'm starting to get the feeling that this newsletter is a European's only type of thing. Sure it's sad that Sabena went down, but they won't be the first, nor the last! Is it too hard to make a logo of your own? I will help, my fiance is a graphic designer!

Seriously, don't turn this into a memorial Sabena letter!
Ja :(

Fighter pilots make movies, Bomber pilots make history and Nerds make money from the sims!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ja....it is NOT a Sabena memorial type of thing...not even single Sabena news is there yet...Sabena logo is there cause they helped up design the masthead thats all.

Member for

24 years 3 months

flaps?

I can't see what all the fuss is about...

...surely if there is something in the logo which is aviation related, it doesn't suggest that the magazine has anything to do with women. Anyone that thinks it does should be shot for being so incredibly stupid :P

Member for

24 years 3 months

I can't see how it is a European thing, cause is Kabir not from India???

Shaun

Member for

24 years 3 months

AHHHHHHH

It a Global Newsletter, subsribe to it and you will see that we are covering global news from every corner of the world!

Andrew M

Member for

24 years 3 months

I just hope that you guys can see where I'm coming from!