Jet2.com 757-200 GLSAB winglets

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

First pic of AB an her winglets!! looks great!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6390368

Original post

Member for

16 years 3 months

Have to say, that looks superb!!

I love the 757 with winglets, shame we dont get enough of them at Gatwick :(.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Not bad at all!!!

I hear AB is to be used for the New York fights later this year, as she is the lightest aircraft in the fleet.

Now i wonder when they will get round to painting AD in the Jet2 colours!

Member for

18 years 9 months

Are anymore gaining winglets.

Member for

20 years

It seems AA may be also gaining winglets.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Very nice!:D

Here at LHR, Continental have just started a third daily flight to EWR, and they use a 757-200 with winglets, so I get to see it everyday!

Member for

21 years

The former G-BYAN....

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Moondance1/SE-RFP1.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/Moondance1/SE-RFP2.jpg

Member for

20 years 2 months

I'm going to Lanza for the day on the 16th of November from MAN to check up on the building work, out on TCX back on Jet 2....What are the chances of my first 757 flight with winglets? :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Don't know but LSAB is now flying out of LBA. Looks very good!

Member for

18 years 3 months

LSAB operated LBA - ALC - LBA - PFO Today! went tech on push back to PFO but was all rectified!

Member for

18 years 9 months

I thought G-LSAI is for the JFK route.

Member for

18 years 6 months

As far as I am aware LSAI is not ETOPS cleared and therefore cannot be used on the New York route.

Correct me if I am wrong but was there not some kind of issue with the Chinese plane AG, AH and AI doing the longer Cannaries and Cyprus routes??

Cheers

Member for

20 years 11 months

That was never the case, and it's not JFK it's EWR.

Member for

18 years 4 months

Feel free to to correct me if im wrong but i believe that AB is not only ETOPs equiped but she is also the lightest aircraft in the 757 fleet which makes her the best suited to the LBA-EWR flight. Where as AJ which is known as "JET 2 NEW YORK" is the heavyiest 757 they own.

Again im going on past information so dont quote me on it.

Any Truth to the rumour that Jet2 are looking to get sell the Chinese 757s?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Feel free to to correct me if im wrong but i believe that AB is not only ETOPs equiped but she is also the lightest aircraft in the 757 fleet which makes her the best suited to the LBA-EWR flight. Where as AJ which is known as "JET 2 NEW YORK" is the heavyiest 757 they own.

Again im going on past information so dont quote me on it.

Any Truth to the rumour that Jet2 are looking to get sell the Chinese 757s?

Depends what you mean by lightest. You'd want the aircraft with the highest GTOW for a route like this.

Member for

15 years 6 months

Does anyone here know who invented wing end plates, now called winglets?

He added them to one of his designs in 1929 and patented the idea in 1930.

Member for

16 years 2 months

1 word, beautiful

Member for

18 years 7 months

Sorry to sound like a complete dumbass (ooops, too late!:D), but why is their a weight difference between two aircraft that are the same type/model...? :o

Member for

19 years 9 months

I had a look at the weights of the 757 fleet recently in work, can't quite remember them now but AB was one of the lighter ones together with AI and possibly AD, don't quote me.

cloud_9,
Same aircraft but when weighting to the nearest kilogram, every aircraft will be different, especially since the 757s come from different backgrounds with different equipment onboard, gone through different repairs and modifications.

Say you and a friend buy the same model of car with different options/extras, there is going to be a small difference in weight. Then as you, or he, goes OTT with pimping it out:D it will only lead to a bigger difference. If he has different galleys, seating config, speed stripes, lightweight titanium gear knob etc etc.

Member for

24 years 3 months

And all you winglet watchers may be pleased to know that a 2nd BA 757 (G-BPEJ) has now been given the full 'Open Skies' makeover, complete with eye catching red blended winglets.

Member for

24 years 3 months

It seems AA may be also gaining winglets.

If you mean their 757's then have had been sporting winglets for quite a while now, as have Icelandair, Continental, US Airways and Delta to name but a few.

AA are set to adopt Aviation Partners blended winglets on their 767-300 fleet however.