Boeing to enter regional market.....

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Boeing might enter the regional market by buying significant stake in Fairchild Dornier. Not a bad move from Boeing, if they market the 328JET and 728 properly....they can really do well with both of them. I was wondering how Airbus will react to this? Maybe with there A318? Because if Airbus say that A318 is NOT a regional jet, i cant think of anything that Airbus can market the A318 as. comments??

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Boeing to enter regional market.....

I have to put my hands up and admit I don't know the operating charateristics of the 328 and 728.

What is the range/payload/ and takeoff/landing distance like relative to the A318?

It would seem initially that the biggest plus point in the A318's favour is crew and parts commonality with the rest of the Airbus narrowbody family.

To be honest, I also see the A318 as more in line with the 717.

Member for

24 years 2 months

It's great news,much better than having a bankrupcty or cancellation of any programs.Is Is Fairchild Dornier in some sort of finacial trouble?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am sure but, doesn´t Airbus have an stake on Dornier?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am certainly not surprised that Boeing are taking these steps. Airbus have done nothing but grow and catch-up recently. Boeing may feel slightly threatened.

As for classification of the A318 Kabir, From first sight it looks more of a regional than say the 320/319, though borders on the edge of short-haul. I have not seen the specification yet though.

Regards

Benair