Viewing at Palma

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I am going on holiday to Majorca soon and plan to spend a day at Palma airport.Is there an official viewing place at the airport or any good vantage points.
Directions would be much appreciated

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Viewing at Palma

Just one tip... go to your gate plenty of time before your flight is called! It's a big airport... and my flight got called... then last called 2 minutes later... and I still had a long walk to get to the gate!! I made it... JUST!! When you're down by the departure gates, there should be some good vantage points overlooking parked aircraft.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I am also going to Majorca in a few months and also plan to spend a day @ Palma airport. I hear there are some fantastic points at the ends of 24L and 24R. I read an article in a magazine recently about viewing @ Palma and how to get there, local attitudes to spotting, local bars for refrshong those tired spotters etc.. I'll see if I can dig it out and get in touch with you Mike B.

Regards

Benair

P.s If you e-mail me with your home address I may beable to send you a photocopy of the article.

Member for

24 years 3 months

There´re lots of places around. But you´ll need to go to the peripherical road. No official viewing area at the terminal. In the good old days, you had direct view to planes, but with the new terminal, nothing at all. Dark places. Once you had boarded, you could get shots through the glass (if clean or if the sun isn´t in front of you).

Member for

24 years 3 months

As stated above, there is no official viewing area. There are two very good spots though.

I've written a guide, which you can get here:
http://www.plane-mad.com/pmi.php

This should give you all the info you need, if you have any questions then let me know.

Member for

24 years 3 months

thanks dan330 your guide is very good and I will
definately be using it

Member for

24 years 3 months

The link is fantastic Dan330. we'll stick with that then MikeB.

Regards

Benair

Member for

24 years 3 months

Glad you like the info,

as I say, any other questions then just ask.