EgyptAir flight 990

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

The US NTSB has issued statements today, that it has concluded that the EgyptAir flight 990, Boeing 767, which ended in the Atlantic ocean in 1999 was deliberately crashed by the relief co-pilot. Of course there will be loud protests from EgyptAir and many other groups in the middle-east that it was a mechnical failure which caused the crash and that it all a plot to make him a scapegoat -another American plot to save Boeing's reputation.

Regards

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: EgyptAir flight 990

From what I have read on the investigation, or at least the preliminary report, evidence would seem to suggest that there was a fight in the cockpit prior to the crash. I tend to agree with this finding.

Regards, Glenn.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I don´t know what happened there. But a rudder failure is possible. I have my suspicious with the official report.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A rudder failure! No evidence of rudder failure or any other mechanical failure was found. This event took place back in 1999 so the conclusion contained in the report is based on extensive examination of the debris. Cockpit evidence apparently supports the conclusion that the aircraft was deliberately crashed. Even the Egyptian authorities due not dispute the 'words' recorded by the voice recorder. Apparently the fact that some sources within EgyptAir claim the guy had work related issues and family problems, did not figure in the NTSB's report so it contains no speculation as to why he chose to commit suicide and murder 200 plus innocent people. Looks like another case of trying to externalize problems that hard to face up to.

Regards

Member for

24 years 3 months

Some quotes from that flight:

Tawakalt ala Allah.
(I rely on God.)

— Gamil El-Batouti, EgyptAir Flight 990 co-pilot, he repeated this phrase nine times while shutting off the Boeing 767's engines and pushing the jet into a fatal dive, source NTSB, 31 October 1999.

What’s happening, Gamil? What’s happening?
What is this? What is this? Did you shut the engines?
Pull. Pull with me. Pull with me. Pull with me.

— Captain Ahmed Mahmoud El Habashy, EgyptAir flight 990, last words, on returning to the cockpit, source NTSB, 13:50 EST 31 October 1999.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Never rule our anything, until more evidences be found. I am affraid, we will never be able to know the truth.