Which is your favorite charter airline?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Just wondering which airline comes top on everybodies list of charter airlines.

My fave charter airline is either Airtours or Monarch. I have never had a bad flight with either and the service and food have been really good.

I once flew on the airtours flagship. A330 with 6 downsatirs toilets and seat back TV's with game systems. There were also cameras on the cockpit and the bottom of the aircraft. This was the best flight i have had charter. It was from MAN to Orlando.

Regards :)

Mik€

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Which is your favorite charter airline?

Either Air 2000 or Britannia, can't choose between them.

I've had bad experiences on Airtours!

Member for

24 years 3 months

My favourite is Palmair,flew them on a BAe 146 from Jersey to Malaga.I also like British European for charters operations.When I travelled them on a Guernsey-Toulouse flight theye excellent,again on a BAe 146.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi all - back from sunny Lanzorote!!

I've had a soft spot for AIH for a while now, but i must admit i was impressed by BY on these last 2 flights!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi all! back from a visit to Halifax, west Yorkshire!!! lovely.

I would say AIH. Flown with them several times and had a gr8 time on all flights.

Regards

Benair

P.s I asked this question as a poll some weeks ago!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Good flights with Corsair.

I flew last year with them to LAX and Marakech.

Member for

24 years 3 months

My fav is Britannia. Would you all not agree that the toilets all being downstairs is a bit careless, i.e. for disabled or elderly passengers?

Member for

24 years 3 months

i have flown B752 and 762 and they were all upstairs - u must have flown 763

Member for

24 years 3 months

Britannia aircraft dont have downstairs toilets.Airtours was the first airline in the world to have them.And as for having toilets downstairs on the AIH A330-200 there are two upstairs for any passengers who are dissabled or elderly.Problem solved there i think.

Regards,

Softlad.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I love these Charter Airline topics. I would have to say that Airtours now comes top in my books. Britannia were indeed a great charter airline but as the person who started this topic said, the A330 (The Airtours 'Flagship') is a fine aircraft and the technology on board for economy passengers really is top notch. I agree that having downstairs toilets on the A330 is not the best idea, but the airline wouldn't think like that. With the extra room, they can cram more passengers on and therefore, make more money. The toilets below the seats are larger than those on those above. They are not really accessible to disabled passengers but the Premium Cabin toilets would have top be used at the front of the aircraft. Even if they were above deck, a passenger requiring assistance could not really go to toilet because they would need help and the toilets can only just fit one person in, let alone two!