Boeing 757

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Its been brought up a few times lately... I'd like to read peoples thoughts on this fantastic aircraft.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Boeing 757

Beautiful aircraft, i don't know what it is, but mainly its the front of the aircraft, cockpit windows etc. it just looks so well proportioned and......,well it just looks so right.
Regards, Dazza.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The 757 as i said earlier is very different from other Boeing jets, thats why i like it, its so damn sleek.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Again I like it because of its completley different looks to other boeing aircraft,unlike the 777,767 ect its not bulky and large.Gret successor to the 727 which boeing had planned and so yet again has become a huge success for Boeing.

Member for

24 years 3 months

yeah pure class!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Great aircraft, this has to be the type I've flown most and one of my favourites to fly on. Looks great, it has got a unique look, definately the nose.

Saw one in the new MyTravel colours today at Manchester and it looked fantastic!

Member for

24 years 3 months

What can I say...I love it!! As i've mentioned previously, the 757 is one of many a/c that find themselves in my 'favourite list'.

The 757.... Its shape, the power (that far surpasses what is needed for an aircraft specification such as the 757), the handling etc... need I go on?

And yes, the nose. Theres definately somthing about it. It may be the unusually low setting of it (the step-down as you enter the flight deck), or maybe somthing else.

Basically, the 757 is a fantastic aircraft and it gets my vote!

Regards

Ben

Member for

24 years 3 months

The 757 as I said in Benair's topic is great and very different from any other Boeing aircraft. This sounds a tad bit silly, but you wouldn't expect the 757 and 767 for example to be made the same manufacturer because they are just so different.

I like the 757 in British Airways/JMC livery.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A decade or so ago, I decided I was going to be a pilot (so I ended up as an accountant!)

I wrote off to a bunch of airlines asking for a twirl on their simulators. Most said no, but a very charming gent from Monarch Airlines (I think he was either their chief pilot or chief training pilot) invited me down to Luton.

I spent an afternoon on their 757-200 simulator. It was an absolute pleasure to fly, not actually that sluggish. Night time approaches to LAX past the "Hollywood" sign. Great!

I only add this as a belated thanks to a warm and friendly airline training department!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Great - I've always liked Monarch although the aircraft I flew on was an A300 not a 757 - unfortunately!!!

Its good to see the charter airlines still getting the 757 new from Boeing, Air 2000 I believe have new examples ordered to replace older models that have been with the since the start of the airline.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Mongu...its nice to hear of SOME airlines being cooperative and kind.

The chief pilot at Airtours was very helpful to me upon my pilot training enquiry. I recieved lots of very useful information.

Has anybody else experienced this side to the airlines?

Regards

Ben

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-04-02 AT 12:39 PM (GMT)]Well BA just sent me a standard letter stating that I would need to have an IQ of 200, Get a double first from Cambridge and make the SAS look silly over an assault course. Easy!!

But British Midland and Virgin (BM esp) were incredibly nice and helpful. BM even got a trainee pilot to call me up and talk it over.

And I was only about 15 at the time!

Oh - I also wrote to Air Atlantique/Atlantic Airways.

Their chief pilot offered me a DC-3 jump seat ride and a chat about training.

I don't think this would be possible post 9/11 ?

Member for

24 years 3 months

yeah bmi and virgin are great, i also got info off of KLM UK, BA, British European, Ryanair and Go - just a few to start off with!!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well, good luck Preston.

I still get confused when I think about how on earth I ended up as an accountant rather than a pilot (even though I love my profession). Don't fall into the same trap though!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Ba didnt even reply to me!! Though I cant complain...I did do work experience with them! BMI were great on the other hand. I was offered a jump seat ride over to Dusseldorf...that was fantastic.

Its such a competetive career...its a case of right place at the right time...and the right skills! Now with positions down post 9/11-its even more tricky!

Regards

Ben