1st

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

BA Business is superb but who feels that first is a rip off as per what u get? (any airline)

Stables.

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: 1st

First is definitely an improvement over Business.

The fact that it costs proportionately more is not that relevant; most passengers simply want the extra comfort with cost a minor point.

So if the cost bothers you, then it is probably not the class for you.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I havn't had the pleasure of venturing much out of Economy...sorry.

Regards

Ben

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well I didnt actually say that the cost bothered me, I merely said that having been in BA Business x number of times, and first aswell I simply dont think that 1st is worth MY cash.

hope thats ok with u.

Stables.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Anyone know any good ruses to get upgraded?

I've been lucky enough a few times but only ever when the airline has made a colossal ##### up - certainly not through any design of mine.

Member for

24 years 3 months

No, 1st is not worth the cash at all!

25% more comfort for 100% more cost. Law of diminishing returns my friends.

Member for

24 years 3 months

A good business class to try is Emirates and Scandinavian both are award winners
also cathay
but my fave is ANA

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well I have only had the luck of travelling buisness clas on British European from GCI to,it was only around £20 upgrade so we thought why not have a bit of luxury!
We checked i around an hour and a half before the flight was sceduled to leave because I always love to get to the airport hours before so I can watch the aircraft ect.Though this time due to us travelling buisness class we were able to go in to the British European loung at GCI,pretty small yet a great place to be before departure,free drinks,food,magazines,leather chairs and best of all a close view of the apron.
In the aircraft there there were only two seats each side unlike in economy where there was three seats ever side due to BE taking out 'the middle man' in buisness class so you had more room.I think that they could of taken the tray out in the middle though we were not to bothered as normally there are arguments over who is going to sit near the window on takeoff and landing with my dad though on this occassion we could both have a window seat.Before takeoff we were offered a news paper which had been pretty scrumpledp due to its previous use,we were also offered a glass of champagne though i hate that drink so i was not that bothered.When we took off the curtains were drawn back and we had the cabin to near enough to ourselves due to the lack of buisnessmen on the lunchtime flight most prefer the red eye or the mid morning flight.
The cabincrew were very friendly and offered us drinks as well as again free champagne.We were then offered some food with a starter,main course,dessert ect whch was not needed for such a short flight across the channel.There was extra room to spread your legs though I was not to bothered about it as again it was such a short journey.One problem was that the 146 jets are quite dirty and smell very funny,sort of a mix between cleaning stuff and food.
Once we arrived at LGW we were given priority on leaving the aircraft which was a change from the normal pushing that you get in economy!
Overall it was good getting an upgrade and worth its money though if it had beenay more expensive then it realy wasn't worth it due to the fact the flight was very quick only 40 minutes,but it was definately an experience!

We tried to get an upgrade on Air Malta to club europa though you have to be a member of there frequent flyer club to be alligable for this.