pic of the hour

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

This one could go on either AW or AFM, but I'll post it here first seeing as there's not been many pics posted for a day or two, its the best of both worlds, McDonnell's finest and Boeing's finest all in one neat picture, the Rhino for anyone that's interested is a F-4EJ Kai from 302 Squadron, Japanese Air Self Defence Force.
TTFN, Dazza.:-)
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3cfe5af4103c3d12.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: pic of the hour

Very nice,I prefer the 747!Where is this photo taken?

Member for

24 years 3 months

Not sure where the pic was taken, its from a site that is F-4/F-15 only, plus all text is in Japanese!
But I'll look into it though.
Regards, Dazza.

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-06-02 AT 08:58 PM (GMT)]Saab, the location is Naha Air Base on the Island of Okinawa, quite why an ANA 747 would be landing there, I have no idea.
Regards, Dazza.:-)

Member for

24 years 3 months

ahh the great phantom. ann f-4ej i pressume ??? (where is pII when you need him). the japanses site should have the f1 anti ship plane, f2 the f-16 knock off, the t2 trainer and that new trainer plus a load of other exclusinvly great japanese stuff.

rabie :9

Member for

24 years 3 months

Both ANA and JAL frequently use 747's on their domestic routes, as the capacity demands it, so it should come as no surprise. That's why they have those special 747-400D(Domestic) minus the winglets. From this angle, I can't tell if it's one of those, or it could even be the older 747-100/200SR(Short Range) variant. Both had beefed up undercarriage for more cycles with fewer log hours.

GD1

Member for

24 years 3 months

Right . I flew once between Osaka and Tokyo narita.
ANA uses (used?) a 747-400 as a shuttle and it was packed !!!

They have this amazing camera under the nose of the a/c : they air the phases of take off and landing : quite impressive

Member for

24 years 3 months

great pic...both are great aircrafts!