Another bit of useless information from me!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I was reading our fleet newsletter last night and was surprised to read that one of the reasons that many companies are so keen on Airbus products is that their resale value at 10 years old is considerably higher than an equivalent Boeing. I always thought it would be the other way round!

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Another bit of useless information from me!

Excuse me for asking,but what airline do you fly for?I've forgot x( I knew you flew for Aurigny (How could I forget that)but what airline do you fly for now,some UK charter company?Sorry...

Member for

24 years 2 months

JMC if i am not wrong.

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-10-02 AT 06:28 PM (GMT)]Yep , he flies this lime green 757 thing :) I like this c/s

Member for

24 years 2 months

Unfortunately I have to bear in mind certain commercial communication clauses in my contract which is why I am sometimes cagey about saying certain things. This is also why my name doesn't appear in my profile. However, the above threads are correct!

While I'm at it, I heard the other day that Britannia have just appointed a team to assess the possibility of operating an Airbus fleet.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sounds realistic to be honest! - i mean the A320 has been operated before by Transair on their behalf, and the 752s are getting on. The Airbus fleet also would offer the fleet commonality for short and long range ops, whereas i believe the B738s were transferred to Sweden because partly of the capacity issue and also due to it not been feasable enuogh to operate 2 a/c in britain.

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-10-02 AT 04:31 PM (GMT)]Now you come to think of it... Britannia are the only main UK Charter airline that doen't use a combined fleet of Airbus and Boeing.

Airtours, JMC, Air 2000 and Monarch do.

Why is this... any ideas?

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-10-02 AT 04:36 PM (GMT)]They have leased some A320s a few times before haven't they? (Don't quote me on that).

I like their fleet - they keep it simple and doesn't mean that any pilot can any aircraft because aren't the 757 and the 767 part of the same family? Like the A319/A320/A321?

By the way, don't forget Excel, although very small, they only fly the 737 and the 767 from air Atlanta in the Summer.

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-10-02 AT 04:46 PM (GMT)]One of those 767's that Excel has was an ex-Britannia wasn't it?

And yep... sorry I was wrong, Britannia have operated some A320's in their time, 5 of them on lease from TransAer in the summer of 2000.

EI-TLO
EI-TLF
EI-TLH
EI-TLE
EI-TLJ

They also operate a Piper PA28 aircraft. :P
Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3da30bd0bde00c80.jpg
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3da30bdabdeba56f.jpg

Member for

24 years 2 months

Baby Britannia - that would fit on my drive. :P