Painting Mistakes

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I've just been looking back at some of the pics I took at Heathrow on Saturday and noticed something a little strange when I loaded this one. Aircraft in question is the Kuwait Airways 777 9K-AOB, just take a look at the K and U, they just aren't level with the rest of the writing.
http://www.plane-mad.com/view_photo.php?id=729

Ever seen anything like that on other aircraft?

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

RE: Painting Mistakes

Very Strange, perhaps Kuwait airways hired a blind person? :P either that or its just the angle of the picture?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Looks genuine, I don't believe it is the angle of the aircraft.

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-10-02 AT 08:22 PM (GMT)]Perhaps maybe, the stickyness of the K and U stickers is going then, causing them to slip down a little?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Wouldn't it be hilariously funny if the K and the U peeled off in mid-flight making it Wait Airways - ho ho ho!

Sorry for my stupid thinking.

Member for

24 years 2 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-10-02 AT 08:45 PM (GMT)]Yes, that would be very funny. Maybe the painter needs new glasses?

Member for

24 years 2 months

To b honest i think it could b the start of the curve of the nose section along with the angle - not cert tho

Member for

24 years 2 months

Nah it has gotta be the curve of the aircraft as if you look they are all slanting downwards as the W is starting to slant. They would allow it outta paint shop with shoddy work i am sure they would inspect it and if it was letters peeling off they why would the W started off normal and then start to slant!!

Think people think!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

no its not the angle..its a mistake.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Just had a look at a couple of other photos on a.net and it definately is not the angle, the painting is slightly off, strange thing to happen though!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Think its just the shape of the front of the plane and it is also descending could have something to do with it