Iberia A340

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

This A340 was taken some weeks ago at MAD.

Attachments:
http://www.keypublishing.com/forum/importedfiles/3de66bdf05590958.jpg

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

RE: Iberia A340

Nice pic Keltic. Keep your pics coming they are most appreciated!! :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-11-02 AT 11:19 PM (GMT)]"This A340 was taken some weeks ago at MAD"

Now come on, own up whichever one of you stole it! ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

" Now come on, own up whichever one of you stole it! "

That's actually a good question!! How do you get into a parked aircraft - do they have key fobs like cars, and when you blip them the airstairs come down? Do you need a key or a PIN to start the engines?

Member for

24 years 3 months

nice pic..although it needs a wash!

Anyway you just climb up from the front gear of the aircraft.....theres a door..well more of a latch to the lower deck...just hope its not locked and you are in.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The Iberia colour scheme is so old now, I thought I was looking at a 707 picture for a moment.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes indeed its old but a classic in my opinion. The background is adding more to make the pic look older.

Member for

24 years 3 months

well, I have to say that the pic was taken through a smoked window so everything seem really dull and dark and old look. In any case, Iberia livery and image need to be changed. I am not for a dramatic change, I don´t like white fuselages with lack of painting, but at least from this image changing things a bit. Uniforms need an urgent change.

Member for

24 years 3 months

For entry into many aircraft Kabir is right. Just shin up the nosewheel into the avionics bay and from there it's a hatch into the main cabin.
Funnily enough when you buy an airliner from Mr Boeing you get a key (on a fob) but you won't find anywhere on the aircraft to insert it! There is no door lock. From outside (depending on type) you pull the lever out and rptate it to open the door. If the slide was armed, opening the door from outside automatically disarms it.

Member for

24 years 3 months

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-11-02 AT 09:32 AM (GMT)]Key maybe just a formal way of the airline accepting the a/c.....maybe they should give a pair of extra wipers instead!:9